Bug in Windows 10 Insiders-build crashes games

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    There's a big nasty bug in the insiders-build version of Windows 10 that has an effect on PC gamers. Likely a good number of you guys have that build installed, hence this news-item. Microsoft shar...

Bug in Windows 10 Insiders-build crashes games

2. framesx2x

framesx2x New Member

GPU:
    Asus strix 1080x2
    No problem or crash when gaming W3,BF4,fallout4. Running Windows 10 pro redstone 64bit. build 11082 Insider Preview, for 40s day now. nice and stable...The only bug I hive is file-explore can't see the files copy status. No status bar..In fact Windows 10 pro redstone is more stable then windows 10 pro.

3. kinggavin

kinggavin Guest

GPU:
    gtx 980TI super jetstream
    another reason im glad i went back on windows 7 in xmas holidays ,win 10 it feels like someones spying on you and i got the nvidia driver install fail when update drivers theres too much crap in it, and they dont want u change anything even your browser homepage cant change it very easy only decent thing it has is direct x12

4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Another windows 'update' that troubles gamers. Seems to become a trend.

5. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Oh please... This insider preview build. Bugs and issues are to be expected and this exact reason is why they test these things before pushing them for everyone.

6. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    It's the latest build with the game crashing bug, Build 11102

Read people saying it's more likely if you are nVIDIA than AMD

7. jesteves

jesteves Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X @ 2100
    Yes, it's only on the latest build 11102... MS refers and explains that bug on the notes...
    It only affects some games... RS Siege for example crashes at start, BF4, BFH and SWBF are working fine (at least on my nvidia card)

8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah it's listed clearly in the list of known issues with this latest insider build (Although if you skip that and just use WU to get the new build without reading up on it that might be a annoyance since you wouldn't know the current issues with said build.) and insider is a test branch and not intended for standard OS usage or how to say plus they recently even clarified how faster releases will now happen on the fast ring so people should expect more bugs so either skip the insider program or keep to the slow ring. :)

EDIT:
    https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...ncing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-11102/

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  9. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    To me since the insider version of Windows 10 is for developers and testers of beta builds it is only going to effect them and not the standard users like us. It is only going to be a annoyance to testers and developers. So it is really not a major problem.

10. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Lol there were so many people complaining they weren't releasing insider builds fast enough, so they speed up the process and as a result there are more bugs. Now Gabe's twitter is filled with people complaining about this bug.

No matter what Microsoft does they basically lose.

I kinda wish they'd detail the changes to OneCore more. They are currently only listing UX changes but Gabe said there were over 1200 changes from the last insider build to to this one. Obviously some of them have to do with the graphics stack.

11. Illnino

Illnino Guest

GPU:
    XFX 290x EK H20
    Well that's it I'm rolling back to MSDOS

12. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    So far so good for me.

13. Primey0

Primey0 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 7900 XT
    You're not very smart. You should read up on what the Insider program is about. I'm hoping you have at least some bloody intelligence to google and not need someone else to explain it.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  14. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    You sound just like every XP user afraid to switch when vista came out, and even when Win 7 was out.

Windows 7 was awesome. Flatout MS best OS, but its 7 years old now.
    Time to move on.

15. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    When 7 was released, I never thought I'd ever need a newer OS, it seemed perfect, but it's ancient now, and starting to become like XP for updates, MS really should have released SP2 for 7

I don't like 10 for a few reasons, I think 8.1 is the sweet spot atm

16. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    I really would not use the
    in any "afraid to move on in os's" argument

17. SSD_PRO

SSD_PRO Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070
    This is INSANE. This is the biggest "nasty" bug in the history of software design. Microsoft is the worstest, meanestest, most hostile software company. Can you imagine if another company ever had a bug in a free beta preview build of their software? This is ridiculous and the whole company should just shut down for this aggressive damaging behavior. I think there should be a congressional hearing and a law should be created banning software companies for providing free preview builds of their software. We must protect the children!

18. Tree Dude

Tree Dude Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 270X 2GB
    I am in the insider program, but I stick to the slow track. I get the new builds just a few weeks before general release, so all the big bugs are usually worked out. If you are an insider and use it on your main rig I would suggest you switch from fast to slow.

19. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    You mean Windows "ME".

Vista was fine on launch.
    Issue was majority of people barely had 1GB ram, old hardware for XP and down.

Gpu drivers were a mess but vista itself was fine on the average.

What hurt vista as well was OEM's like Dell and Gateway selling Vista Ready pcs with 512 and 1gb ram and they run like utter crap.

I had vista from beta 2 till windows 7 launch. Never regretted it, and never really had an issue either.

20. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    If your running the Insider builds on your main gaming rig your kinda asking for it....