[Bug] Afterburner - changing layered graph color doesn't work

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion' started by -Chris-, Dec 8, 2019.

1. -Chris-

-Chris- New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    @Unwinder
    First of all, thanks for Afterburner, it's really a great programm and I love using it

But I think I came across a bug, I tried to change the color of the graphs to seperate CPU, GPU, RAM, etc. better - but it doesn't work for me, no color change is applied, even restarting afterburner or the PC doesn't change the color from green to anything else

Could you take a look at theis or try it yourself? Also on my laptop it's not working too, so I guess it's a general bug? Would be great if other people could try it too ;)

Would be very glad if it would get fixed with the next update/version of afterburner

Yours Chris

Here's a picture of what I mean:
    https://i.imgur.com/eHUts3q.png

2. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 960 OC
    If you don't layer a graph with another that color setting won't be used. Logic is fun, isn't it?

3. -Chris-

-Chris- New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Sorry I don't get it, as you can see in the attached picture, I changed the graph color to magenta and it's still displayed in green?

In my opinion the graph on the right should be magenta with my settings from the picture?

4. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Delete

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019

5. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

In my opiniopn you should read context help for that option before claiming that it is bugged. Andy correctly said you that it only affects layered graphs.

6. -Chris-

-Chris- New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Ok, I think I may found the main problem here, the German translation which I'm using normally just says "color of graph" so I thought I just need to change the color to display some of the graphs on the right in an other color
    (i was just using the English interface for the screenshot) - therefore it looked buggy to me, but it's actually the translation which is kinda wrong

So to bring this to an end, is there an option available to change the color of all GPU associated graphs to one color (e.g. green --> magenta) and all CPU associoated graphs to an other color (e.g. green --> blue)?

Thx

7. anDrasch

anDrasch Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Could it be that you do not realize that these setting affect the OSD graphs and not the msi hardware-monitor-window as your picture show? These colors are coded in the skin and only changeable there.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    Andy_K likes this.