Bubbles in my water loop

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Drunken Shooter, Mar 25, 2020 at 3:16 AM.

1. Drunken Shooter

Drunken Shooter Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2070 super FTW
    Hey all I have a this https://www.thermaltakeusa.com/pacific-c360-ddc-soft-tube-water-cooling-kit.html pump and been running it for about 7 to 8 months now and lately I am noticing a lot of bubbles in the loop, now I have just upgraded my system and ended up opening the block. I since have bled most of the air out but they keep coming back , some one told me I may have a cavitation issue but I dunno how to solve this as every time I fire it up the water inside starts to get all milky from the air in side. big help needed I don't want to fry my pump thx for your time reading this mess.

2. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Sorry dude, but if you having trouble keeping up with your water loop, I can only suggest this good'old maintenance free air solution.

[​IMG]

Solfaur likes this.
  3. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti 1080 FE
    Hi there

What coolant are you using there? Assuming pump is below the reservoir?

If you are using Thermaltake coolant then I would suggest get something like Mayhems X1 or XT-1 et, Thermaltake coolants or their waterblocks are not the best, Thermaltake coolants are known they will break and then will start to clog the loop and waterblock or radiators hope they're copper or brass as some of their radiators range are aluminium and mixing materials I wouldn't there

Please check waterblocks if they're not clogged, check microfins, radiator is another thing which I would check and clean with vinegar solution, not sure if its Aluminum radiator if I would use vinegar, never have aluminium radiators

Other thing worth to check is pump, are you running pump at max speed etc, can you please check if speed is constant or if does drops etc?

Check as well tubing if its plasticizer free, you will see straight away if its plasticizer free when you pull apart loop or tubing

Are you water cooling only CPU or are you water cooling as well GPU and are you using only one radiator? If you are using other radiators what makes are

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

4. Drunken Shooter

GPU:
    EVGA 2070 super FTW
    Yea I don't seem to have control of the speed of the pump last I checked in the system viewer its running at 4400 rpm, I'm using the fluid it came with and as for the water block its clean nickel plated copper, I know I opened it up and it was super clean recently. its definitely sloshing the water in the reservoir . I may just need to get a new pump I dunno.

5. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    If you're using the original fluid, it's probably become contaminated. It takes almost nothing to soap up a cooling loop. I'd drain and flush your loop and refill with fresh new fluid as recommended by the maker.

6. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti 1080 FE

Hi there

Looks like pump is indeed running at full speed which is OK and shouldn't be a problem and I don't think its causing yours issues but can be but this depends on pump details because I couldn't find any technical information on this pump, usually you need to know what is head pressure/lift and what is pressure drop plus pressure drop of waterblock plus radiator and from this you can deduct of flow

In your case maybe flow rate is not so high, bit looks like this reservoir is compatible with DDC pumps if yes you can try get Laing DDC 3.25 18W pump, I used this pump on my loop and using 2 of them and no issues

Assume pumps is vertical mounted or is horizontally mounted?

If you have problems with the air in loop, please check again fittings and check if you are not having any leaks or check radiator if sealing is OK

I see reservoir have inlet port on top and I assume you are using that as your inlet?

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

7. Drunken Shooter

GPU:
    EVGA 2070 super FTW
    well the way I have the pump set up it sits in the bottom of my case the out let on the bottom and the inlet is on the top of the resi near the fill port , I also have this stuff XSPC ECX Ultra Concentrate Coolant clear by adding some of that will it help if anything is growing?

8. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I'm not an expert on water cooling. But from my reading, the last thing you do if you're having issues like this, is add another substance to your loop. The first thing you do is to flush your loop and refill with pristine solution. If your pump seems to be running normal, to me the issue isn't the pump, but the solution going through the pump.