BSOD With new drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Limnic, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Limnic

Limnic New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1050 4Gb
    Hello everyone, i have a Acer Aspire VX 15 (Datasheet-https://acer.co/3aG7Vej).

Whenever I try to update the drivers through the geforce experience, download directly from the website, I have a BSOD, I have to uninstall in safe mode, and reboot, i have unistalled it ddu too and same results. The only drivers he accepts are those found on the acer website, but they are already over 2 years old!
    I suppose it is because he has windows (I bought the computer with it already, but in the datasheet it says linux of origin, which I assume is to reduce costs.
    Is it possible that the hardware is linked to an OS ?? Isn't it supposed to be universal?
    There is any fix to this?

Thanks in advance!

2. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 2070 Super
    In the land of laptops "universal" is a rare property.

Have you tried to remove all partitions and install Windows again?

3. Limnic

Limnic New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1050 4Gb
    Didn't knew that!
    Yes I have tried and same results, one friend of mine told me to try one modified version here, whats your take about that?

4. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 2070 Super
    I don`t know. Try, of course.

There is no 100% universal recipes in the world of desktop PCs - because of hundreds (if not thousands) differences in HW, FW, SW combinations. And laptops are on another level comparing to desktops.

5. Limnic

Limnic New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1050 4Gb
    I didnt mention, and i dont know if it helps but:
    If i update while on battery there isnt any problem, but when i plug the cable its BSOD, and the usual one is driver power state failure

6. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 2070 Super
    Does it point to NVIDIA driver?