BSOD with 5870 Eyefinity

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Apil, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Apil

Apil New Member

GPU:
    ATi 5870 1GB
    Greetings everyone.

I recently bought the 5870 Ati card, for the purpse of running WoW in Eyefinity, together with 3 x 24 inch Samsung monitors.

My problem is that i get random BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) while running WoW on Eyefinity.

The funny thing is that i dont get any BSOD while not having Eyefinity activated (only 1 monitor activated, and 2 disabled).

Another funny thing is that i have not seen any problem with Eyefinity els where, example running Call of Duty Mordern Warfare 2 in, 5760 x 1200 with Eyefinity for hours, and no crash or BSOD.

I have tryed to reinstall all of windows updating every driver, removing my wtf and interface folder, so i should be running a clean WoW.

The BSOD im getting is saying something like "Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from the timeout failed" and further down, "*** STOP: 0x00000116 etc...." And "*** atikmdag.sys - Address...."

My system is :

Windows 7 64bit
    E8400 OC'ed to 3.6ghz
    Corsair Dominator 1066 mhz
    OCZ Vertex v2 SSD 60gb
    Anten PSU 1 at 650watt for GFX, Motherboard and CPU, and 1 PSU at 550 watt for Harddrives fans and all extra's. (Antec P190 Case)
    Asus ATi 5870.
    Asus Extream Formular II Socket 775.

The tempatures of the 5870 never exceeds 52 degrees, and CPU is always around 30-35, thou the North bridge is about 57.

I have tryed moving 1 of the 6pins from the 650 watt psu to the 550 watt psu, by using the "adaptor" from 2 x 4 pins to 1 x 6 pin, incase it should be a problem about the PSU not giving enough power to the gfx, at start i thought it solved it, cus i could run around in winterspring for 30-50 mins untill we had to go to ICC 25, and 3 mins later i got BSOD again, so i think i was just lucky there.

I would like to add that since non of my monitors have native Displayport, im using the Active DP to DVI Adaptor from Sapphire to get the 3rd monitor working.

This problem seems as a mystery to me, since i dont have any problems when running only 1 monitor, and i dont have any problems running with 3 monitor's in anyother place and World of Warcraft.

Sincerly
    -Apil

2. Omagana

Omagana Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Unusual. Certainly doesn't look like a hardware fault.

Try tweaking wow in game settings to see if theres any effect i.e. shadow detail etc.