1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BSOD With 18.12.2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Catalyst Drivers Section' started by dxmc4, Dec 15, 2018.

1. dxmc4

dxmc4 Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 7870 OC
    Weird problem, never seen this before with an update. Installed 18.12.2 and got a BSOD while playing Monster Hunter:World. Also got repeated messages in Radeon settings saying that compatibility checker is offline. The BSOD was caused by a network driver, tcip.sys, I reset it in command prompt but it happened again. I've never seen this before and it's not a problem with the game because I've put almost 100 hours into it without any problems. Rolled back to 18.11.1 and everything seems to be fine now. The only other thing that might be causing an issue is the Epic Games Store, which I also just installed today. But I'm pretty sure the problem is with the 18.12.2 update..Anyone have a similar problem or any suggestions on how to deal with this ? Thanks in advance.

2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Have you tried a different network driver version?

Have you tried performing a clean installation of 18.12.2 by using DDU before installing the video card driver?

3. dxmc4

dxmc4 Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 7870 OC
    I always do a clean install using DDU when I update the graphics card driver. As for the network driver, tcpip.sys, it's a system driver and can't really be replaced. But it doesn't appear to be the driver that's causing the problem because since I rolled back from 18.12.2 to 18.11.1 there's been no further crashes. The crashes started right after installing 18.12.2 and the problem went away as soon as it was uninstalled. There were no problems with that driver in the past..

4. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 580 8GB
    deleted

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018

5. Elbruz

Elbruz New Member

GPU:
    MSI Gaming X 470 4G
    I am having the same issue. I have been getting BSOD with different codes since I updated my graphics driver to 18.12.2. I've clean uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled all again, didn't help. Also I updated my windows version from 1709 to 1809. Radeon Wattman settings are getting reseted all the time I do a reboot. My color settings too. Didn't rollback or updated to 18.12.3 yet

6. Elbruz

Elbruz New Member

GPU:
    MSI Gaming X 470 4G
    Update: Updated to 18.12.3 and still same issue. Now, that is a weird thing.

7. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Maha Guru

GPU:
    just got one as video scheduler internal error, typically due chromium browser driver bug. I also noted the browser was added between the games profiles in the radeon settings. I will try to delete it again.

8. dxmc4

dxmc4 Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 7870 OC
    I noticed this too with every reboot, along with the message about compatibility checker being offline.

9. robbo247

robbo247 Active Member

GPU:
    Palit gtx 1080 8gb
    ddu and reinstall