Bsod while Gaming/heat issues

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by kgb714, Jun 26, 2009.

1. kgb714

kgb714 Member

GPU:
    Galaxy 9600GT 512MB
    I'm not really sure whether heat is the problem but recently my PC has been crashing while I'm gaming and not necessarily when I play for a long time. Sometimes it happens 20mins after I started playing. The bsod comes on so fast so I don't really see what the error is. All I've managed to pick is something like 'hardware error' which brings me to think its my PSU (but I've only had it for less than a year :().

Here is my minidump folder (download) incase anyone can help me understand what the problem is ?

I touch the back of my PC and feels quite hot. If indeed it is a heat issue, how can I go about fixing it ? how do I cool it ?

2. must_kill_ati

must_kill_ati Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 2060
  3. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    to stop the computer from restarting, disable "Automatic restart" on errors
    [​IMG]

First of all, what kind of case do you have? Or have any pics of it?
    You should open up a temperature monitor http://www.cpuid.com/hwmonitor.php to know for sure its getting too hot.
    One ghetto way I fix this problem on other peoples PC's is to remove the floppy drive or cover of DVD drives to let more air out/in.

4. kgb714

kgb714 Member

GPU:
    Galaxy 9600GT 512MB
    I already disabled autorestart thats why I get a bsod instead, before it restarts.

This is the best image I could find of my casing

[​IMG]

Well I don't think its a heat issue because I turned my PC off last night and then this morning I played for maybe under an hour then the bsod happened

Last edited: Jun 27, 2009

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    On takes a few seconds for a computer to overheat....doesn't matter if you turn it off for hours before hand or not.

6. kgb714

kgb714 Member

GPU:
    Galaxy 9600GT 512MB
    Does anyone know how I can figure out what's causing the BSOD ?
    It's really making it impossible to use the PC for gaming :(