BSOD when uninstalling CAP

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Andeby, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Andeby

Andeby Active Member

GPU:
    AMD HD6990 4GB
    Hey there!

I have for a while had a problem where when I try to remove CAPs I have since 11.4 (I think ...) I get to when it's uninstalling, two CMD windows open and then the screen goes weird for a sec and then BSOD. I forgot what it says now but I will look if I can find it.

Anyone have experience with this happening or know what I could try doing?
    I brought it up now because I just updated to 11.10 WHQL from 11.10p3 but the CAP is still the same, I cannot uninstall it so I have no idea if I have the CAP or not on this driver now, and if not I don't know how to install it.

I tried searching but couldn't find much, if this has been discussed already and I missed it I am sorry.

Thanks,
    -Andeby

2. ldwar

ldwar Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapp HD390x crossfire
    Hi,

yup I got it with CAP4 this week.

to prevent the BSOD, I uninstalled first the driver then I uninstalled CAP.

Trying to uninstall CAP4 while having fully running ATI driver (11.9) gave me BSOD.

(On Win7 64bits, crossfire).

3. V1tol

V1tol Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    Not many people know that CAPs have not only game profiles, but for some apps too. If you try to uninstall CAPs when some of this apps are running than you can have BSOD. Couple of months ago I tried to uninstall CAPs while running in background Warcraft 3 (i just forgot about it) and I got BSOD. Try to close any apps you're using such as MSN, IE or MSI Afterburner. If it does not help, you can always try to uninstall them from SafeMode.

4. Andeby

Andeby Active Member

GPU:
    AMD HD6990 4GB
    I'll try closing some programs. I tried safemode at first but Windows Uninstaller won't run in safemode.

Also the bsod is 0x50.

Thanks