BSOD ... please help

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by DeathtrapX, Feb 21, 2006.

1. DeathtrapX

DeathtrapX Master Guru

GPU:
    x800 XT 256mb sapphire 500/500
    I am on an asus k8v mb , athlon 3200 64 clawhammer @ 2ghz stock. X800 XT 256mb Sapphire stock clocks, ddr ocz 400 two 512mb sticks.

On my old athlon 1.2 ghz t-bird gf4 ti4400 rig I encountered non stop bluescreens in any graphic application (games) , upon buying this new system I have almost 2 years ago .. I've yet to have this horrid problem at all with ati/amd, untill now.

I keep blue screening in counter strike source and theres no text , (went into my comp properties and unclicked auto restart so i could read the blue screen at least ... ) and theres not even stop errors to let me know what the problem is, just a rechid bsod with 0 text I've never seen this.

I have no idea what is causing this , only thing i've done with my computer is updated windows patches to the latest like 3 days ago, all the criticals (the 4 new ones they put up).

I got some heavy cash coming to me in the next couple months so I am gunna just build a new pc but I don't want to wait 3 months, and not be able to play any games on this rig I got.

Can anyone help? I am on 5.12 catalysts official, haven't tried updating to 6.2 but I'd bet anything I still bsod. I am so ticked off now, cannot play games at all. I haven't tried any other game then css but I am almost certain I will bsod on all games ... I ll try more later . IF anyone has some ideas please share. Otherwise its 2-3 months of nothing but ps2 untill I can build a new rig that works without bsod's =/ These blue screens haunt me I swear, so tired of this crap.

Btw my videocard is running at extreme temps but I am almost certain their inaccurate. Upon installing my modstream OCZ PSU (520 watt), I've noticed everest/catalyst control center / sandra all give the high temp reading for my card . (70C at worst .... like 42 idle ) ... but I think its false readings because once I leave a game, the temp falls like 20 C immediatly. That's not really even possible I'd think. I can run a screensaver program and it shoots up like 10-15C immediatly , but if it were really that hot I'd assume my card would just melt or artifact which it does not do. Just an idea maybe thats why I am blue screening? I don't know what to do anymore.

2. CJ3D

CJ3D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX970 4GB
    Well the first thing I would do is run Memtest. The memory may run fine when using Windows, but as soon as it is stressed in games, it may be failing.
    http://www.memtest.org/#downiso
    Run it for at least 1 pass (the more passes, the better) and tell us how it goes.

70c is nothing to worry about in most cases. Mine was reaching the 70's no problems but after removing the huge dust buildup from the GPU heatsink, the temps dropped drastically.

Check the CPU for dust as well. You may also wanna check the CPU thermal grease in case it has dried up. Replace the grease if so, and remember to only put a very thin layer of grease on the CPU, otherwise it can overheat and run onto your mobo and into the CPU pins etc.. Arctic Silver is good stuff.

3. Lethal Abz

Lethal Abz Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 470
    y dont u jus re-install o/s shud solve it.

4. CJ3D

CJ3D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX970 4GB
    Unless its a hardware problem ;)