British Invasion

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by scipio, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Joey

Joey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2600XT + Panasonic S10
    1 bedroom flats in cambridge can reach (Dr Evil voice) £1 Million pounds.

2. Joey

Joey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2600XT + Panasonic S10
    Yeah, all the immigrants coming in balance things out most probably. :p

Say what you want about those Labour bastards. But they have kept the economy pretty stable. I put it down to all those stealth taxes.

3. Snooper

Snooper Master Guru

GPU:
    2xASUS EN7800GTX
    Move to Texas lol I have a 3 bedroom house in a nice part of town and it was only 90k brand new the same home in CA starts around 400k depending on the area it's a Centex home.

4. techniques1200s

techniques1200s Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 270
    My family has owned the same house in San Francisco since 1980. It was bought for $170,000, and now would run for at least $2 million. Thanks to rent/tax control laws, my parents pay the equivalent tax rates of someone living in a shack in the worst part of the City ($2-3,000 a year as opposed to $50,000 or so). If it weren't for those laws they would have had to sell the house long ago.

5. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    My Mum's cousin in london owned 4/5 floors in a house(didn't have middle) and needed it to have full house, and they had to pay half a million Pound(£500,000) for it and its 1 bedroom, 3 years and they got a pretty good deal they said. But they are both Archetects(SP?). And my grandad was going to buy a 3 bedroom House in Scarborough for £4000 about twenty years ago, but my Grandma wouldn't let him and its now worth £200,000, yup you read that right a 50x increase! Shame really.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2006
  6. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    nope other way round we are controlling the immigrants and stuff like that and make they get jobs etc

pluss were making parts for more aircraft all over again