Brief checkerboard appears when I click Allow in Vista (8800GTS)...

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by lljh, Feb 21, 2007.

1. lljh

lljh Member

GPU:
    BFG 6600 GT OC (AGP)
    I previously installed Vista Ultimate Prerelease candidate (the one just before RTM version) on my new PC build at home. I had it installed on a separate IDE drive and was using 100.64 drivers and I noticed that every time the Vista Security Manager thingy appeared and I clicked Allow, I would have a very brief checkerboard like flash on the screen with alternating white and black boxes. I figured this was due to the prelease version of Vista.

Sooooo, I purchased Vista Home Premium and installed it on a brand new Raptor 10k drive. I then put on the 100.65 drivers today and damn if that same checkerboard doesn't appear (although it goes away even faster) every time I click Allow.

So the issue doesn't appear to be Vista build related and it's definitely not a hard drive issue. Could this be an issue with the 8800 series drivers?

PC Specs:

E6600 @ stock
    OCZ 2GB Plat Rev 2.0 @ stock
    Geforce 8800GTS (100.65)
    Arctic Cooler Freezer 7 Pro
    1 160GB Sata 3.0/1 74GB Raptor 10k
    Raidmax case with Antec True Power Trio 650W
    Vista Home Premium/XP MCE dual boot

2. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    Well I havent seen that problem yet myself. Also the drivers arent just for 8800's. I dont know why they are located under such on Nvidias site. They are WHQL for 6, 7, and 8 series. It could be a driver issue with your card, because it does not happen to me.

3. Zulithe

Zulithe New Member

GPU:
    eVGA GTX570 SC 1280MB
    I see the problem too on my eVGA GeForce 8800 GTX, I'm fairly certain that this is a known issue. I've tried several 100.x drivers, all the same.

4. lljh

lljh Member

GPU:
    BFG 6600 GT OC (AGP)
    Yeah

I saw it listed several times on the known issues list on Nvidia's website, so it's happening to other 8800 users. At least for this issue, it appears that I'm not completely crazy. :)

5. PearlChoco

PearlChoco Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 570 DirectCU II
    I have this only when DreamScene is enabled....

6. Victor Morales

Victor Morales Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA 580
    This has been said in many threads before this one... I do have this issue as well on my eVGA 8800 gtx... Checkered board like when you logon or when something you need to accept when the UAC feature is used..... We just have to wait till they fix this driver....