1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bricked 1070 Max Q?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by a_mihail1, Sep 10, 2019.

1. a_mihail1

a_mihail1 New Member

GPU:
    1070 Max Q
    So I've managed to flash an unrecognised VBIOS on to my laptops 1070 Max Q and using a totally unmodded NVFlash (which I can't quite understand.)

Now when I try to use the same method to revert back to my backup file it's telling me "GPU mismatch" - there must be a way to force flash my good backup back on to the card?

2. Caesar

Caesar Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070Ti Titanium
    a_mihail1 likes this.
  3. a_mihail1

a_mihail1 New Member

GPU:
    1070 Max Q
    That version is spitting out a GPU Mismatch error - have I totally fucked this card? The PCI ID is meant to be 1BA1 and it's showing as 1BE1 ...

With some messing about in a hex editor I was able to bypass the device ID and board mismatch but then it spits out "BIOS Cert 2.0 Verification Error" and NVFlash with certs bypassed spits out "you need a newer version of NVFlash" !? o_O

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  4. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    someone has been messing with that card, time to reflash

5. a_mihail1

a_mihail1 New Member

GPU:
    1070 Max Q
    But it won't reflash my backup ROM, mind boggling - maybe it got corrupted in the process? I'm getting PCI-E Device ID AND Board Mismatch - when I use NVFlash with Board Mismatch bypassed I get a BIOS 2.0 Cert error then when I use the NVFlash with Certs Bypassed I get "you need a newer version of NVFlash" o_O. I contacted the original modder to see what he thinks.

6. a_mihail1

a_mihail1 New Member

GPU:
    1070 Max Q
    UPDATE: I flashed an Alienware VBIOS on the offchance it would do something and suddenly my card appeared in Device Manager as a 1070 Max Q and not "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" - I also noticed it's now showing as 1BA1!? Long story short, reflash my 1BA1 original backup and we're back to stock. :)