Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by REGENERATI0N, Mar 3, 2008.
aren't you the guy that pirates the games? Im sorry but i detect a tinge of hypocrisy?
Don't make assumptions like that if you have no reason to back it up...=\
Live between xbox and windows is different. Microsoft makes you pay to play online with the xbox because they run the system, they made it. Where as with Vista and other windows OS's, yes they made the OS's, but not the systems.
I'm just applying simple logic with business
Would you rather it stay a jumbled mess that it is now? And what is the the PC "elitist" mentality? I guess I'm one of those people that "don't get it" because I consider myself a gamer. The platform I game on is really irrelevant as long as I'm enjoying whatever game I choose to play. It just sounds so arrogant and ignorant to make elitist statements like "consoles suck" or "PC gamers are sexless dweebs." True gamers play games that they like, regardless of platform. If you prefer PC gaming over consoles, that's great. But that doesn't make console gamers inferior to you, and vice versa. Grow up and try to look at things with an open mind. To each his own.
1. **** paying, that is retarded what are they now gonna charge us cash for every month we play games, but it is only 5 cents a day, **** that.(I mean no offense to people)
2. Windows Live needs a lot and lot of work, I tried making my account for Halo 2 and It is retarded I ended up making some 6 or 7 accounts because of its random **** ups.
3. Yea sure it is only gonna be for crappy games, but if it continues we will see it on all games that are "Games for Windows". Many games like Crysis that have Games for Windows thought about it and since it wasn't enforced so they didn't.
4. Yea sure. 26 countries, what about the other Couple million people that are not in America/China/Japan/etc.
5. Cross console is ****, yea let people play Live from Xbox, mobile phone and PC. All sincronized together in harmony, yea sure but **** that if we have to pay for it.
6. Windows Live will enrange hackers and they will hack Live to the point some games are. Why, take the Bioshock instance, The crazy DRM what not so hackers got passes it because it messed everything up and now Pirating games is on the rise and that sucks.
I'm the guy who downloads games to see if it's worth my money.
I own 9 games for windows atm that's orginal releases..
1. Maybe if you read what this thread is about before you start swearing, that would be nice for once. The OP is not against a "console service". He's against the service to become something he would need to pay for. You miss the point completely, but that's not unusual with you...
2. hm... are you 12? using swear words might appear ever so grown up at that age... Jog on...
I think they released a new update for GOW today.
Oh really? then you should check this video here.
I am going to come and blurt this out.......
For those who think that Live is a good idea for the PC.......you guys are completely oblivious on what will hit you in the near future. Just think about it. It will 1st be the payment for the whole Multi-player service. Knowing Microsoft they will try to find another thing to make you guys pay for that you may seem to yourself that it is totally justifiable. You guys should not be this gullible.
Fight the power! Break the system! Viva la revolucion!
Paying for online gaming is bollocks.
The software and the hardware already is rape.
I'm completely with scoutingwraith!
WOW is a completely different buisiness model. Half-Life is more like it. You don't pay mp
costs for it and those servers have been on for years!
What happens when we look back and see this is the first step to make all GFW live pay for
mp. Give it free for while, then charge for it once the demand proves its
worth! ( Anyone remember Juno or net zero?)
I enjoy GFW because I get 360 games without a 360 thus don;t have to pay for
the "Gold" package.
Just say NO!
Yeah well I agree, if this spreads to more games then I'll begin to have a problem with it.
not 9 original games!
my point stands, how many games did you play and didn't find them worth your money?
so my point stands.
Yes, 9 Orginal games with "games for windows live"
My complete collection is up to 68 games now.
Hmm, about all the piece of **** games that everyone dislikes.
I've bought most of the big titles.
So my points stands.
This is imho pure bull****, this whole "boycott Games for Windows - live"
And everyone arguments here are crap.
Skip that coke and oreos for a couple of days and you can afford the fee to get a gold account.
Things costs here in life, get used to it.
If you seriously have a fubar economy , then too bad. You won't join in on the fun. If you can afford, but just don't want to get a gold account but wants to play, then F yourself.
So goddamn tired of everyone who wants everything for free.
I am going to sound rude but.......here is a newsflash for you. Not everything that you pay a price on is better than the free version. Also judging by your way of thinking you already have given up on fighting for what is called the "freedom of choice". People like you are just going to accept everything what the company offers you to pay for. I am not going to be surprised that if they make an Hourly rate of playing you will still think it is justifiable and it will show how easily the company will have control over on what to use and how to use it properly.
I am going to stop here because there really is no point of arguing about this anymore.
you have the choice, pay or dont pay, but they will do what they want and a few ppl who dont think its right wont change that.
The only thing that will stop them would be if it makes 0 money, and you will see enough ppl will pay for any thing, good or bad.
couldn't add more even if i wanted to
I didn't say that the free version would be worse then something you pay for?
I say that if as in this case microsoft decides, which they have, to put a price for
GFW Live then fine, let them do that.
They're a company and they decide what the **** they want to with their own merchandise, if you don't like it then fine.
Don't pay for it, but don't bitch and moan about it when you can't use it.
And no, I don't accept everything, and If I don't accept it, I won't buy it.
It's a simple as that.
You have a choice, either pay up and use the product you pay for or don't pay up and don't use the product.