Boy dies from 12 hours of gaming

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by darknight909, Jun 24, 2005.

1. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

was it an icecream cake :p

LOL

2. Morketh

Morketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 3GB
    PLEASE ive played WoW for over 24 hours straight and u dont see me dead..
    ive played UO for over 24 hours as well at a time..

he didnt die from 12 hours of gameplay he died cause of something else cuase i no plenty of people hwo play 12 hours straight.. to me thats not that long lol

3. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

guys, i've played for 72 hours straight, and im still here :p

4. Frant1c

Frant1c Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 9800Pro | 128MB
    wtf {HLH}
    ?!?!?!

5. bakuryu

bakuryu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 6600LE @ 430/490
    {HLH}..............72 hours ??? u must have got up once, had something to eat and drink, may be stretched out your legs, a bit of free-hand exercise, given your eyes some rest...... it's hard to believe u know!!! that u can continuosly play for 72 hours!!!

But which game it was??

6. Morketh

Morketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 3GB
    PLEASE ive played WoW for over 24 hours straight and u dont see me dead..
    ive played UO for over 24 hours as well at a time..

he didnt die from 12 hours of gameplay he died cause of something else cuase i no plenty of people hwo play 12 hours straight.. to me thats not that long lol

during summer when i was in school i would play at least 15 hours a day EVERYDAY maybe not STRAIGHT without breaks but i definitely played 15 hours throughout a day

7. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

i believe i was playing morrowind for 72 hours straight.

and yes i had breakfast all 3 days. dinner all 3 days, bathroom breaks, drinks..

im not stupid like some gamers...

8. Lowbudgetgamer

Lowbudgetgamer Banned

GPU:
    PNY FX 5200U 128/128 331
    Ahh morrowind thats still one of my favorites.

I know i didnt put anywhere close to like 72 hours straight on it. more like 30 hours.

Oh and my ancient deadric armor of the gods (plug in) was great

9. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

:D i created several plugins including one which put all items in my house

i mean everything :D

im trying to work out how to make them linked though so if i take a piece of armour out of one of my houses its out of them all,

it'll take some scripting

10. Brettbeck

Brettbeck Maha Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek PX7800GTX
    He must have had really bad parents. My mum and dad would never let me play video games for 5 hours continuasly, let alone 12! IMO you would have to be really sad to play games for 10 or more hours straight. Normally when im gamin I allways have a break after every hour or so at least.

11. Handy Daddy

Handy Daddy Guest

i played 16 hours yesterday Battlefield 2 and i'm still here fine and dandy. ;)

Those that suffers a death from games, are prone to it and are like those that suffer motion sickness where anything over 1hour of gaming could lead to convulsions.

12. Brettbeck

Brettbeck Maha Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek PX7800GTX
    WOW 16 hours!!! I would get bored playing a game for that long lol.

13. michealace82

michealace82 Master Guru

GPU:
    2 X BFG GTX 285 OCE 1GB
    so thats whats wrong with me........

14. Sota

Sota Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G
    That is true. Very well put imho. Gaming did not kill this kid, poor health did. You can game and lead an active lifestyle. No one forces you to sit in front of a computer all day, be a couch potatoe and eat burgers, fries, pizza, and drink sugar filled soft drinks....

15. Faiakes

Faiakes Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD 4870
    Actually one can die of dehydration in less than 3 days.
    It depends what you eat during that time. If you consume salty foods/snacks and not drink anything you are severly reducing your lifetime...

12! 16! 24! 72!!! .... (speechless)

The longest I have mastered was 7 hours straight playing Exile III.

Anyone aware of the Exile trilogy from SpideWeb software?

It was 2D but damn addictive.

16. Handy Daddy

Handy Daddy Guest

That's why GOD created BEER and FOOD, buy 24 beers and 2 huge PIZZA... :D

Keep em next to you and go frag the bad boys, 15 hours play and with money back guaranteed there's no risk (apart from dying of too much burping from the beer) :p

17. Dr. Vodka

Dr. Vodka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X
    I´m a 13 year old. Played 4 days (15 hours a day each one) The sims 2. What a freakin' addictive game. At the 4th day, my 2 eyeballs were almost red. Too much gaming. I agree that boy had some problems, that he was a games freak. At least every 2-3 hours I take a rest, drink something, eat something, then go back on gaming.

18. Handy Daddy

Handy Daddy Guest

Yep, always take rest by looking at something far...i usually look at a small pic of my daughter on the wall and stare 2 minutes or so then go back.

Another thing that makes a difference is LCD monitors, i own a Samsung LCD 17" and LCD monitors don't suffer from flickers like CRT ones as such you are less prone to eyestrain and can hold more time staring at it and play.

I think the boy didn't own an LCD, but i still doubt it would save him....the problem lies in his own body so it snapped. :(

19. Dr. Vodka

Dr. Vodka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X
    I dont own a LCD, actually, Im happy with my 8 year old viewsonic e41 15' (13'2 viewable) at 800*600@85hz. At 1024*768 it can only run at 60hz. I used the 10*7*60hz all my life and never got eyestrain. Strange. It's suppossed to flicker, but it doesnt.

20. AnakinSolo2002

AnakinSolo2002 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS ENGTX580 DCII
    Nothing kills people better than annother person, nothing can teach someone how to kill someone better than another person, nothing can teach a person to want to kill someone better than annother person.

With that said... This happens time and time again, the next big thing is the "cause of death." How stupid do you haver to be to really believe all this BS?

Now the kid was 12, right? He played games for about 12 hours, right? And had a stroke, right? I bet he had epilepsy, "brain pathology..." lol, of course all that flashing and crap would screw with him, DUH!!

I have played sat infront of my computer for, the longest, maybe 2 1/2 days (48+ hours, and well multiple times), and this kid could only handle 12? gimme a break, there's obviously another problem here. After a week of maybe 6 hours a sleep and tons of gaming all I got was a mixed up sleep schedual, and red eyes, oh no...

I love how they have these stories, and how it makes people think it's happening to exery single person, lol. It happened to this one kid... HE HAD A FIGGEN STROKE!!! Do you know what the chances of that happening are? My goodness, he's more likelly to get heatstroke while being outside for an hour while playing football... errr

I have one thing to say... It takes less brain power, and well everything else, to watch a movie than play a computer game. I'm tired of this BS, **** play a game, stop watching the damn news... Yeah I'm sure it takes some real hand eye coordination to flip some news channels, drink yer beer and stare at the neewsladies fake boobs than a "silly video game..." ugh.

Last, but NOT least: Um, so where was this kid's parents aye? I'm sure they could have kept him from playing 12 straight hours of VGs, lol come one!!! This is getting absurd. As I said, People get killed by People, whether they are there at the time or not; that kid's parents kill him, NEGLECT. Watch yer ****ing kid already!!!! HE's 12!!!!

P.S.: Sorry I don't actually know the kid was 12, but still, it doesnt really matter.