Bought a new 2060 and could be bottlenecking with i7 4790

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by robinthebest, Mar 14, 2019.

1. robinthebest

robinthebest Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    yea, i am wondering could be my motherboard dying or my ram is too slow? idk

2. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

The RAM bandwidth could be becoming saturated due to the faster card requiring more data, and consequent swapping causing stutter. To eliminate this, you could use similar settings and a frame rate limiter to compare the 970 to the RTX 2060 at similar performance levels.

Of course, faster graphics hardware will put more strain on most components, including the CPU, PSU, hard drive etc.

3. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3060 msi 8gb
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  4. robinthebest

robinthebest Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    Hi all, i have found out the problem, my pc has 3 harddisk, when I remove the other HDD (no windows, only storage), my stutter problem is gone.
    although i fixed it, i dont understand what is causing the problem now, do u guys have any idea?

fantaskarsef likes this.

5. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Don't think it's related.

Anyway, it's generally good idea to cap FPS to your monitor refresh rate, since your new GPU can push more frames, causing CPU to stress more to push more FPS and causing lags when it gets fully utilized or something.

Also, SSD. Get one of those. Going from HDD to SDD was the most satisfying upgrade for everything to me.

airbud7, BlackZero and Undying like this.
  6. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Such schedule, much interrupt :D

7. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I had a similar issue when I moved from a 970 to a 1070, but I fixed it simply by reflashing the GPU. I don't know why that helped but it did.