Both Custom and Founder Graphics GeForce 3000 cards Launch Simultaneously

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Saabjock

Saabjock Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX1070XLR8
    If that is actually the case, Nvidia will not benefit fom my wallet this go-around.
    I'll never pay $700 for a 3070 anything...which is the category I tend to shop.
    $600 is the absolute maximum I'd ever pay for any mid-range graphics card...from Nvidia or AMD.
    I could give a RA's about RTX.
    I do simracing and all I want, is the fastest gameplay with the biggest grid of cars.

2. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I hope you are wrong with your prediction...

3. Saabjock

Saabjock Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX1070XLR8
    It is business decisions like these which keep Nvidia out front.
    Now we can see why it went from $120 to over $400 per share in a year.
    As the underdog, AMD cannot simply sit back waiting to see what Nvidia will do.
    If AMD does not get 'cracking' with their own launch in the days ahead or immediately afterward...by the time they come to market, folks will have already spent it on Nvidia products.
    Just from reading these boards, most of the guys are salivating like ravenous dog for these cards.
    Every sale of an Nvidia card is one less for AMD.
    It isn't a question of sitting back waiting to usurp with a faster GPU.
    They have to consider what it is they're trying to achieve...namely sales of product.
    Nvidia is a better known brand and has already established itself as the leader in GPU technology.
    If AMD brings a good product at a good price, they can get out ahead of the competition.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
    Maddness likes this.
  4. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Why are you pointlessly dictating to those who already know better?
    If they could release earlier they would, there is a formal process they must go through to prevent giving us cards with severe issues.
    You must have seen the previous number of problems after launch, do you imagine they would want to make things worse?

Deleted member 213629 likes this.

5. Saabjock

Saabjock Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX1070XLR8
    What the hell are you on about about?
    Do you see me 'dictating' anything?
    I simply made a statement to the fact that once AMD has a working product, they cannot simply sit back waiting to see what the competition has as the basis for their own release.
    Don't like the response then just move the hell on.
    Simple.

6. Borys

Borys Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Gaming X
    I have heard that the Founders Edition has the best PCB and Components quality? Is is true?

7. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I will get a Founders Edition at launch date + heatkiller water block = Done updating vga for 2 years :D

8. Right. I would imagine both from a business & pragmatic standpoint as this is second generation RTX they will want to present a polished, more “refined” “ironed-out” product. Just as AMD did with Zen+. Let’s not all forget the litany of issues that plagued first iteration Ryzen from firmware to operating system integration, patches etc. “The nature of things” as it is.

Mufflore likes this.