Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Damien_Azreal, Apr 9, 2014.

1. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
    Its your Asus Phoebus bro.. Clappy stole it out of your machine and used it as a sub routine and the door recognizes your computer without a sound card and it won't open. :)

2. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
    Its not.. Totally worth it!

3. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    If you're paying $59 for any PC game you're doing it wrong.

4. ESlik

ESlik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    You're probably right. That's why I'm going to get the SoundBlaster X7.

5. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
    Then I'm doing it wrong and I don't know any other option. The free way is not how I operate..

6. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    What are you talking about? Level 72 was the cap, not 30.

7. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
    I hear ya my friend.. :)

8. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Normal difficulty (not TVHM or UVHM) has a soft cap of 30 in BL2, you can go over it (I got to 35), but the loot and quests don't go past 30 really, some of the DLCs have slightly higher quest ratings.

9. beeswax

beeswax Member

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti Gaming
    I think you missed the point, harkinsteven was simply suggesting that if you're paying that much for games, you aren't shopping around enough or looking hard enough for deals/sales.

For example, if I go to buy Borderlands TPS on Steam, they want £29.99 but 2 seconds spent on Google finds me a couple of cheaper deals - £24.99 at Game.co.uk or £22.79 if I 'Like' another retailer on Facebook then buy from them. Use your cheesebox.

10. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Greenmangaming+vouchers/G2A/CDkeys.com/SimplyCDKeys.com

11. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
    The voucher says it excludes some titles. I would figure it meant the new titles,like BPS..

12. MonarchX

MonarchX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 @ 1480Mhz GPU
    What is the consensus??? Is this game better than Borderlands 1 and 2??? I wasn't a big fan of Borderlands 1, but Borderlands 2 was alright. The only way I am getting this game is if it actually better or as good as Borderlands 2. I do hate the idea of respawning enemies though... Is that still there?

13. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    I dont know about consensus but for me there are a few annoyances in this game. Those blasted kragons (moon scags) do nothing for the game but annoy, especially as you look to jump over the chasms and they push you off. With some respawn points far off, you have to make the annoying trek back. Then the big shocker for me, after reaching Concordia (sanctuary in BL2) and doing later missions at remote places, there is no fast travel back! To get back to Concordia you have to pass thru the hellish Serenitys Waste all over again. Bullsh!t! Just stunned its not on the fast travel map.

Other than that, gameplay is BL2 on the moon with jumps and different looking enemies. They use the same worn out Marcus quotes we hear when buying guns, the same blue vortex you go through when dying, the same inventory menus from BL2, etc. I think they should have done more to differentiate it from BL2 so people wont feel they're just buying a DLC than an all new game. Not sure I will continue in SP but will coop with some friends.

Btw, I feel claptrap is too powerful. Tried Athena but she seemed anemic vs some enemies. Clappy's action skill almost feels like a cheat, it also give you full health back when you use it.

14. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
    That is a really good summary. I'm only lvl 8 with Wilhelm,but this is probably spot on. All the needless running around in MMO's is what normally turns me off. I'm sure Gearbox will address some of the issues with this game. The game does have skill levels to about what,45? So its a lot more than an add on. I'm surprised people are whining about this,just look at all the COD games and people are paying $59 for that 5 hour single player crap. I know for a fact I will get way more than my money's worth out of this game. I understand people whining about it feeling like DLC,but it doesn't just have 10 lvls. I would love to know what most peoples Borderlands Pre Sequel should have been? I'm going to start a thread on this. Would be interesting.

15. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    The game maxed out with ultra high physx is very easy to run. FPS from 50-180 on a GTX 770 @ 2560x1440. And graphics overall seem better. Really impressed with the physx. Although Can do ultra high, I think it looks more natural (less overdone) on medium.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014

16. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
    I'm running it maxed out in 1080p with a 770. It did dip down into the 20's a few times. Putting up the flyers,burning them mission at lvl 8,during some fights it dipped.

17. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    It make have dipped with me, just didnt see it with fraps on. It was just ultra smooth throughout.

18. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galax 3080 SC
    Borderlands 2 had nasty issue with windows 8, the performance is so poor specially with PhysX... since pre sequal based on same engine, issue remains slightly less but still.

I hope next BL will be done in UE4.5 or UE5.0

19. Johnny5srv

Johnny5srv Master Guru

GPU:
    nvidia SLI gtx670 2GB
  20. ESlik

ESlik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black