1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Borderlands 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scaredchimp, Mar 27, 2019.

1. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    By the time BL3 comes out, Cloud Saves are added to EGS.

The roadmap says 1-3 months from now.

2. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Aorus-Extreme-1080TI
    I'm Really looking forwards to BL3 ,loved all the BL games so far . If i have to use the epic store in order to play ,so be it

Archvile82, moab600 and Undying like this.
  3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Finally a voice of reason. Those pirating comments are getting old.

4. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980TI Gaming
    Agreed, can't wait for BL3, steam EPIC store or whatever store.

5. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I'm fine with waiting.

The way 2K and GBX handle the BL games, there will be the base game, various seasons of DLC... and then the inevitable re-releases that include all the DLC and addons.
    I'd rather wait, and if I'm going to get it... get a version that includes everything.

Besides, after the Pre-Sequel.... my interest in the series is all but dead.

Kolt likes this.
  6. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I put up negative reviews of all 3 borderlands games after I saw his bitching lol. Better way to troll him would've been spamming him with that epic-cpy store sticker from metro exodus :p

cerebus23 likes this.
  7. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I don't condone review bombing.. but if anything Randy is a moron for basically proving to the world that review bombing does kind of work by grabbing the attention of their intended target. In this case people wanted Randy and friends to know they were upset.. and it seems like he got the message. If anything it would have been much wiser for him to completely ignore the issue and let Steam deal with it like they have (been trying). Doesn't seem like he took it very professionally though, but that's RArrrraaaaaaaaaaandy for you. If anything his comments just made more people review bomb the games.

lucidus likes this.
  8. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    That's the effect it had on me :p This was the first time I did it. I see review bombings as a warning to me if I'm looking to purchase a game so I disabled that off topic thing in steam. Maybe they shouldn't try to screw us over instead but that's "victim blaming" according to that creep.

Kolt likes this.
  9. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Randy's been well aware of the negative backlash for a while. It's why he was attempting to distance GBX from it, playing damage control by saying the decision was all up to 2K.
    He knew full well that people would be upset, pissed... and he thought making a few posts on twitter would save GBX from it.

When, it just made him look worse in the eyes of most.

Yes, sometimes, publishers make such decisions without consulting the developer. But, considering Randy has been talking up Epic and their store for the past few months... I don't really believe that it was just 2K's decision.

10. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    TheDeeGee and WhiteLightning like this.

11. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Well guess it won’t be coming to Steam.

Randy said he’s reconsidering publishing future games on Steam now.

12. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    But, I thought Randy said it wasn't his call... it was 2K... bleh.

13. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    Would be a nice punch in the face of the haters if he did.

And while at it, implent a game breaking bug in pirated versions.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
    Archvile82 likes this.
  14. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Me too. I've tried the EGS already with Metro Exodus and encountered no issues, and I'm willing to use it again for BL3. Also looking forward to TOW and RDR2 if it end up happening.

In general, it is the games I care about. If I really want to play a game then it doesn't really matter what launcher I have to use (as long as it's free and isn't too intrusive). I said this before with RDR2, but it's the same with any other exclusive game - if I only need to download another launcher to play then I'd do it in a heartbeat.

That's one of the reasons why I take the side of the publishers in all of this. Seeing so many PC gamers advocating piracy makes me sick, and I have absolutely no respect for anyone who pirates a game that they are able to pay for. Not only do such comments make PC gamers look cheap, petty and entitled, but they validate the existence of DRM and will probably lead to more restrictive and intrusive DRM in the future (ruining PC gaming for the rest of us law-abiding gamers).

Repo Man, Undying and Archvile82 like this.
  15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    The Borderlands Handsome Collection is free to play until April 7th.... Gearbox / Randy are sending like.. the weirdest mixed messages.

*edit*

Doesn't seem to be active yet?

*editit*

Figured it out, it's BL2 & The Pre-Sequel.

Strange, the BL3 twatter account says handsome collection but that still shows as having to pay for it.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019

16. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    WC 980GTX
    Are the Steam anti review bombing measures a new thing. I mean you would have to be really stupid to be part of a review bombing campaign knowing fine well that the review wasn't going to have any effect. Not that I am saying that review bombing an; extremely good, extremely well liked 6 year old game who's overall media review is very positive, which has a well established and loyal fan base and if you were going to buy it you would have already bought it, wouldn't have worked. It worked really well against Metro Exodus.... oh wait a minute it didn't.

Tell you what, why not scream a bit about how you don't agree with the Epic store and close the argument by saying that you have; zero morals, zero commitment, and no back bone to a cause that you believe in by then claiming that you'll pirate the game instead. You know give the developers a reason to include ever more pain in the ass DRM, then again I suppose that will be another thing you can complain about as a reason why you won't 'buy' the game.

17. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    Like the invincible Scorpion in SS3:BFE :D

TheDeeGee likes this.
  18. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    A bit of trivia about the art, graphic style of BL. Was inspired by a short 2006 film called Codehunters by Ben Hibon according to Pitchford.

Singleton99 likes this.
  19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I'll just leave this here because of reasons.

Stone Gargoyle and Kolt like this.
  20. adabiviak

adabiviak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980Ti
    Really? What didn't you like about it (as someone I'm pretty sure enjoyed BL2, this game seems like it'd be an easy one). Not that there aren't things to dislike about it, but still.