Borderlands 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scaredchimp, Mar 27, 2019.

1. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Yeah well obviously being a lvl 12 gun it becomes less OP all the time and ofc it doesn't one-shot heavies but I could kill lvl 15 Demoskraggons with 3 or 4 shots with the Sickle...

Sure it's great for farming but I replaced it with a Jakobs shotgun for the time being.
    Having the Sickle equipped makes other weapons redundant as long as you can get close to enemies.

On the other hand it's refreshing that you want to switch to a WEAKER weapon on purpose on a looter shooter.

2. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    The performance is not good when many enemies are fighting u, gearbox should have fixed this, the only game to drop fps and not really that advanced graphically, unoptimized game...

3. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Are you running DX11 or DX12?

4. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Gearbox should've done a lot of things.
    Specially with recent news, they should've paid their staff decent wages. Not shafted them out of promised bonuses... and Randy shouldn't have gotten a 12 million bonus just "because"...

Personally, Borderlands success was the worst thing that's happened to GBX.
    Since it blew up and became so massive, GBX... as a studio... became lazy. I may have said this here before, I'm not sure... my memory is not always the best.
    But, before BL they seemed to try harder, to take more risks.
    But, once BL became a safe bet, a safe way to make money... it seems they dialed it in. Canceled or answer with the constant "It's being worked on" responses to all other IPs they own.

Borderlands success stifled the studio, instead of bolstering it. Which is sad, it's never good to see a promising studio go backwards. And, after the BiA series, and their work on Half-Life's expansions, I had solid hope for them.
    But now, BiA is all but dead.
    Instead of trying something new, they tried Borderlands in a mode/fps model... and it failed, so they cut ties. Farmed out Aliens to a studio that wasn't prepared or equipped to properly handle it. And... as Scott Miller has said, he was under the understanding that GBX was going to put about 20 or so guys on DNF to polish it up, fix existing issues and bring the game to where it needed to be. Instead, they did nothing.

Some of the best things to come from GBX lately... haven't even been made by GBX. Only published by them. Made by other, passionate developers.
    Again, it's sad. Years ago, GBX was a studio I was excited to follow. These days, I've all but turned a blind eye to them.

5. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
  6. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    A lot of development studios have a profit-sharing agreement in exchange for lower-than-average wages. Also, they stated the lower bonuses were due to BL3's high costs. High costs = lower profits = lower bonuses. What exactly did the employees get shafted out of?

7. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Employees were "verbally" promised large bonuses, along the same sizes that they received for Borderlands 2... by Randy.

But, in the end, several employees have reported that they got bonuses drastically smaller then anything they received in the past.
    BL2 bonuses were large enough for staff to be able to buy houses. And Randy made a "promise" that bonuses this time would be the same size, if not larger. But instead... they are WAY smaller. Not making up for the lower the average pay, and the longer hours making BL3.

Yet, Randy took home a 12 million dollar bonus from 2K. So... a lot of the staff is really pissed.

8. Texter

Texter Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Finally an end to your GBX can do no wrong attitude...a little late, but welcome nonetheless. The ugly bonus thing (always nice to kick your team in the teeth during a global pandemic that already has them on edge) could lead to promising ex-GBX team studios to follow in years to come . Production values were high, they'll want to crunch for their own IP when necessary, so a recipe for quality games. Hopefully this will lead to some decent single player games as well...just not from Gearbox Studios...

9. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Try DX12, it may help.

10. GarrettL

GarrettL Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2070S
    That's just sad and very greedy.

11. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Yeah. But since it was a verbal promise, they have no legal ground. There's no written contract/agreement to hold up... so they are screwed.
    There's been word from several GBX employees that resignations are being strongly considered by a lot of the staff.

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
  13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I wouldn't be surprised if Randy Pitchford acted like Randy Pitchford.

14. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    Well right there is the first issue, Randy promised it and it's not like Randy isn't a well known serial BSer.

15. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Season pass is on sale on epic store if anyone got it there. Just got it myself the dlc are meant to be pretty good

16. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Damn , i just read the article on Kokatu , feel really sorry for the devs here.

Time some dev stands up and says being touched several times inappropriately #metoo
    i mean they could all cover the story right ? lol

17. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Last year, I got this game when I bought a Ryzen 3600X. But had to play it on the Epic Store because of the exclusivity deal.
    I enjoyed the game and was looking to buy the season pass, but I never found it under 40 euros.
    A week ago, I found the Super deluxe Edition (base game+season pass) for the same price it's now on the Epic Store. Best of all, it was for Steam.
    So I bought the game full game for the same price that the season pass is on the Epic Store. Copied the save files from he Epic Store and placed them on Steam.
    Everything is working perfectly. Now I have achievements, the 2 DLC and the skin packs that come included. And best of all, I can uninstall the Epic Store and have one less launcher on my PC.

AsiJu likes this.
  18. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Yeah it's a bit nonsense. Last time the epic sale rolled along I could get super deluxe, with the £10 discount voucher I have that expires in a month, for 25 pence less than the cost of the season pass

Vouchers don't apply to dlc for no apparent reason

19. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    30 hrs in and only now I realized you can invest skill points to any skill tree...

20. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Oh yes, my legendary loadout is getting better, now got a Sleeping Giant (with Corrosive).

Now running Hand of Glory, Night Hawkin, Sleeping Giant and Monocle.
    Have a few others in backpack as well like Duc.

Edit: nvm

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020