Borderlands 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scaredchimp, Mar 27, 2019.

1. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galax 3080 SC
    I bought the game on epic cause i wanted to play it, regardless when it will come to steam.

But it would be nice also to have as less launchers as possible

AsiJu likes this.
  2. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GamingX
    Yeah, with this Epic thing one quickly forgets about the games themselves. Me included, at least initially.

Anyhow now that this game is soon on Steam think I'll buy it :D

(looks like I need a new looter shooter anyway because of Division 2's "great" title update... but let's not get into that here.)

Borderlands 3 and Doom Eternal sound like games I could enjoy easily for the rest of the year.

3. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galax 3080 SC
    Borderlands 3 has gotten so much better since release, they really made the game very very good.

Can't wait for newer DLCS, i'll buy them all!!!

AsiJu likes this.
  4. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GamingX
    Hey what "class" do you recommend for a solo player and newcomer to game / series?

5. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galax 3080 SC
    The siren is pretty good(Amara), for solo players i think she is the best though i prefer Moze(The Gunner).

6. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    Fair enough.

I second moab600 on the Siren. You have a few interesting builds you can go with, you can either be the up close and personnel, zipping from melee attack to melee attack or take things at a distance and melt mobs using the phase grasp.

7. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GamingX
    Thanks, Siren it is then I guess, once I get the game.

How's the general progression in the game, you work through the campaign and level up and then there's endgame with dailies and weeklies and raids and whatnot?

Is most of the endgame content playable solo as well?

8. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Yes, there is a lot to do after end game. You have the mayhem modes, maliwan takedown, level up to 53, proving grounds, true vault hunter mode, 3 circle of slaughter, and a ton of loot to get.

One quick advise, you can farm a few rare weapons very easily from the star of the game.
    For instance, the Nighhaking is one of the best guns in the game and can be farmed in the Droughts, almost in the beginning of the game.
    They drop from 2 DemonSkags, that are always in your current level. And when they drop an item, it's always in your current level.
    This means you can always get an updated gun at any point.

Here is a map with the location where you can fight the demonskkags.
    If the Nighhaking doesn't drop, you can just quit the game and reload. You will spawn close by.
    [​IMG]

AsiJu likes this.
  9. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    Yup all the end game content can be solo played, mostly because you can select the Mayhem mode you wish to play it at. 1 - 4 with it buffing enemies in turn for bigger drop rewards. The only thing that you can't solo is the Maliwan Takedown. This post game content was created specifically to be done by teams however I did read that they intended to re balance the content for solo play. Last I heard it's re balance had been delayed.

AsiJu likes this.
  10. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GamingX
    Thanks, so is Mayhem mode basically the difficulty setting?

Does it only scale enemy level or does it also scale enemy numbers? Or do enemy numbers automatically scale to team size?

11. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
    Scaling for the Maliwan Takedown was introduced with the last major update, you can still play it in it's original form by activating True Maliwan Takedown mode before entering the area however.

AsiJu likes this.
  12. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galax 3080 SC
    In addition to all the guys told you, you MUST get Moxxi DLC if you really like the game, it's just such a great experience.

After i finished all couple of time, i travel through maps looking for random secret and encounters, especially in the late game environments(Nekrotafeo)

13. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    The enemies scale as you scale so no matter what level you are they will usually be 1 - 3 levels above you no matter what Mayhem mode you use. What changes though are health amounts. shield amounts and armour amounts, I believe it is a fixed percentage increase based on the Mayhem level you play at. You also get additional mini boss enemies so instead of a regular grunt with just a health bar you'll get, for example, a Dark version that will have a health bar, a shield bar and an armour bar, oh and anointed enemies, you'll see a lot more of these annoying buggers. On top of that you also get random status effects being applied not just to you but also your enemies. so for example fire weapons will do 15% less damage, or enemies will take 50% less damage from hand guns or you'll take 25% more damage from rad weapons and then to add to all that these factors change randomly every (not sure how many minutes so for now I'll say every 50 minutes until someone corrects me or I find out.)

It's quite clever as it does force the player to swap around weapon load outs as a load out that works in one game play session may not be as viable as in another and of course the higher the level the higher the percentage chance drops for legendaries and other weapons and equipment.

Thanks for the info I'll take a look at it as I was holding off due to me being a solo player.

anxious_f0x and AsiJu like this.
  14. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GamingX
    I just rewatched eg. SkillUp's review of BL3, to "confirm" my purchase decision, and I think this review gets to the core of why more Borderlands in 2019 (2020) is a good thing:

Also confirms this is exactly the Division 2-antidote I need. Seriously fudge that game...

15. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GamingX
    One last question beforehand:

do different classes have difference in basic movement speed?

I like a run and gun approach so mobility would be important. Watched some gameplay video and all seemed, at least initially, to move quite slowly.

I see Moze and Amara recommended elsewhere as well, though some say Amara is at a disadvantage if you can't get up close and personal?

16. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
    I think each character has the same base movement speed initially, but it can be increased with artifacts and possibly class mods, I forget which one.

Depending on which skill tree you go down with Amara will depend on how well she does at range, if you go down the blue skill tree you’ll eventually get an ability called Astral Projection which works well at range.

EDIT: It’s actually the Surviver tree in the Guardian Rank that allows for increased movement speed, you only unlock this after hitting max level.

17. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GamingX
    Thanks. Tbh I didn't fully understand why Amara would be at a disadvantage as isn't this largely determined by what weapons you use? Ie. don't use a shotgun if the enemy is far away.

Or do other classes have more or better perks for ranged damage?

18. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
    Each character will pretty much play the same weapons wise, it's more about how much range each characters special abilities has, although having played with each character I never really felt at a disadvantage with any of them, you just have to play to each ones strengths.

I wouldn't worry too much about which character you choose first, just pick whatever one you like the look of :)

19. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galax 3080 SC
    I find Zane to be a bit boring, but that's because i like Amara and Moze too much.

If anyone wanna play co op, let me know :)

20. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I also found Zane to be the least fun of the characters. Not that he is bad, just that the others are more fun to play.
    I really enjoyed playing Amara. Moze and Flak were also fun, but not as much as Amara.

I wonder if they plan on releasing more characters with some future DLC.