1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Borderlands 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scaredchimp, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Thats a good question. I would like to know it aswell. Both last games did support it so we can hope this one does too.

2. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    It's why i don't have high hopes for Homeworld 3 either.

cerebus23 likes this.
  3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Not excited about this game whatsoever - just looks like more of the same - and after Duke Nukem Forever and the terrible Aliens: Colonial Marines I no longer see Gearbox as a triple A developer anyway, just one that makes one decent franchise (Borderlands, of course) and little else of note.

If it is any good and it's going cheap in a sale at some point then I may pick it up just to have the full collection of Borderlands games. Not in any rush though.

4. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    Watched some people play it, it's indeed too much of the same.

Darren Hodgson likes this.

5. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    As stated before, that's precisely what Borderlands gamers want. We're not looking for large-scale changes, we just want more Borderlands (shooting and looting with co-op play).

I was previously on the fence about this game, but now I think I'll buy it - the overall reviews seem to be good. Looking forward to the weekend. :)

blitz72 and shoja like this.
  6. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Agreed with what players want bit. Most of my friends that have played the previous ones don't want the formula to change in a dramatic way because they liked what they experienced in the last two. For me, this will be my first Borderlands game. Excited!

7. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti Zotac AMP!
    The weapons having more variety in random parts on them to change how they handle sounds like it will make it less repetitive, but what about the rest which is largely unchanged?

What makes fans so hype for this one in particular, I swear it wasn't the same with 2's launch? Maybe just marketing drumming up hype? On a similar note, do fans look back on the maps in past BL games and think of them fondly, or is it mostly ignored since it's just a way to spice up how they feed you the bad guys and explosive barrels?

8. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    does anyone know the unlock times ?!

9. spajdrik

spajdrik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB RX 5700 Gaming
    What Time Does Borderlands 3 Unlock?
    Gearbox is doing what it calls a "rolling midnight" release on consoles. You can expect to start playing Borderlands 3 as the clock strikes 12 AM on September 13 no matter where you live, with the one exception being in North America. The game launches at midnight Eastern time across the entire region, so those on the west coast will be able to start playing on September 12 at 9 PM PDT.

Borderlands 3 Unlock Time for consoles
    • 9 PM PT (September 12)
    • 12 AM ET (September 13)
    • 12 AM BST (September 13)
    • 12 AM AET (September 13)
    The situation is a bit different on PC, as Borderlands 3 unlocks at 12:00 AM BST (British Summer Time) no matter where you're located, which translates to 4 PM PDT and 7 PM EST.

kx11 likes this.
  10. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti

LAN is there

Undying and KissSh0t like this.

11. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti Zotac AMP!
    Ayyyy

12. Pandora's Box

Pandora's Box Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti XCUltra
    Benchmarks ran in DirectX 12 mode with Badass preset, everything maxed, vsync off.

2080 Ti with a 3900X

3840x2160 - 48.8FPS
    3440x1440 - 70.1FPS
    2560x1440 - 78.6FPS

Switching to DirectX 12 mode requires a restart and the game warns you to be prepared for a long load time when restarting after switching to DirectX 12. It took me 2 minutes to get thru the loading screen. Others on Reddit have reported 10+ minutes of loading.

If you're playing on ultrawide - disable FidelityFX Sharpening - It's causing issues with cutscenes not displaying correctly.

https://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/ultrawide-cutscenes-issues/3116927

13. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    i think Volumetric fog hits the fps the most , i gained like 6fps from ultra to high

14. Arioch

Arioch Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    Anyone disable the cell shader/black outlines yet? I won't be able to try the game until much later tonight.

15. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    A little advice, if you are overly sensitive to dips below 60FPS, don't buy this game. It does this a lot no matter what HW you have...

16. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti SLi
    DX12 is pretty broken, fps is far better in DX11 for me however I’m getting huge stuttering in combat and when looking at loot, seems widespread lots of complaints over on the gearbox forums.

Other than that I’m enjoying it, it’s a big upgrade over previous games in terms of movement and gunplay so far.

17. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    One of the same. Boring and uninteresting.

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    sounds like Gearbox is doing DX12 shaders right.
    precompile them at startup.

19. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    dx12 runs fine to me , only issue if the loading (2mins max) at the start

20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Compilation then as Astyanax mentioned but shouldn't that then be saved so consecutive starts are faster until the game is patched and it needs to be redone?
    Bit like what No Man's Sky does at the first run which should apply to the newer Vulkan API version too of that game.

Shader caching enabled from the driver should also store these for faster sequential starts as long as the cache remains unless it's doing something else too compared to D3D11 :)

Undying likes this.