1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Borderlands 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scaredchimp, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
  2. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 SLI
    I haven't heard a single Borderlands fan say they want anything other than more Borderlands. The only people who've said that are game journos.

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    and thats why some people are not suited for reviewing some game series.

4. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    It's been 7 years since BL2. I understand that ppl might expect some major gameplay improvements or even high level of technological and visual polish. Right now it looks like Borderlands v2.5 from 2015.

cerebus23 likes this.

5. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    is bl 1 and 2 still fun? i played bl 1 recently and the side missions were about as lazy as they could crap out. it been too long since i played bl2 to recall if the missions were that generic but i want to say no.

the humor never grabbed me, and the gfx spam on some ammo types made me not want to use them like lightning ammo was especially bad for being able to see what your were shooting at.

the gameplay and world in 1 were immersive enough for me to play a good chunk of it and see the whole game. left a bunch of side missions untouched though.

yea putting me in charge of review you would have gotten a harsher take because i was never a massive fan of the series nor looter games in general.

but being that your reviewing a 3rd in a series most people interested will be fans the game should be reviewed by fans. and then it depends on how much each fans wants more bl, and is the story decent?

it is a shooter though, i do not think you can demand too much out of the typical shooter story, it is not basic as hell you give a game a few points for effort. some reviews were trying to compare to the telltale bl effort,,,,,ummm yea.

Kolt and Astyanax like this.
  6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Bingo!... and then you go and look at the same dudes review of GOW5, and you'd think he was having S*x with it.

cerebus23 likes this.
  7. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700
  8. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    How can a UE4 Game have such poor performance?

Solfaur likes this.
  9. Kool64

Kool64 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    Denuvo :/

10. spajdrik

spajdrik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB RX 5700 Gaming
    Good god, what a crappy performance so:eek::D no 60fps for any card at all at 4K.

11. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    Unoptimization....no wonder

12. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti SLi
    One thing to keep in mind is that those benchmarks were done on a pre release version of the game and without the Game Ready Drivers/Day One patch.

Edit: Game ready drivers have been tested, retail code has not.

13. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    too many lawsuits

cerebus23 likes this.
  14. blitz72

blitz72 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX2070 Black
    Well I for one cannot wait... :D Preloading as I type. If anyone else gets it let me know your in game names for some co-op action!!!! "Let me tell you a story....."

[​IMG]

15. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    Not very good comparison, but still... Does this difference justify about 5 times worse GPU performance? I don't think so...

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Shaders are probably on a whole different level and that would also include lighting and shadows but this doesn't always translate into a visible difference though there are certainly changes throughout that do stand out like the entire material system and look for textures and 3D geometry even if the art style and cel type shading and outlines do make it seem a bit flatter.

Usage of compute shaders and other features could also push a higher GPU workload now that it's Unreal Engine 4 (From what I know at least.) and not the build from Unreal Engine 3 used in the past games.
    Shadows, level of detail and draw distances, mesh and texture complexity, lighting including global illumination and a physically based shading model among other things but it still looks quite Borderlands alright so it can be hard to pinpoint the immediate visual advantages or advancements and who plays the game staring at shadow outlines or how accurate light and shadow interact and blend together in the environment or the way objects pop up or transition from low to high detail and at what distance but it can be a significant change in terms of actual performance. :)

17. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    @JonasBeckman
    The key rule of optimizations is to use resources where it matters.

JonasBeckman likes this.
  18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    If only that held up, the amount of issues and workarounds exposed and done by projects like DXVK seems endless both for older games and even newer titles running from CPU to GPU and all sorts of oddities in how resources are spent and what's running and even if a issue is discovered and identified early it might still be left unpatched though PC ports are at least in a better state than some years back but the graphical advancements and newer hardware has given rise to additional problems as well.

Differences in hardware support and OS and software plus driver problems and all sorts of other things also holds things back a bit though performance issues are also frequent on consoles despite the unified hardware and software of this platform so there's more that could be done.

19. jwb1

jwb1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti
    Gearbox.

Astyanax, Kolt and Solfaur like this.
  20. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti Zotac AMP!
    Any word on this having LAN?

I need to know for... reasons.