1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Borderlands 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scaredchimp, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    I was referring specifically to the amount and diversity of particle effects. But yeah, the particles in BL3 are no longer physically reactive in real time. However, in other games that use PhysX, you can see real time cloth simulation and physically reactive particle effects which are driven by the CPU.

The only GPU PhysX effects that we haven't seen implemented in software is fluid simulation, and that is particularly intensive.

2. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    cerebus23 likes this.
  3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    A fictional robot has a gender?... I'm so confused about what makes people angry these days.

Maybe it has a usb port.

I guess that's the safe way to refer to the character? "it".

4. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Something tells me that "it" will not suffice, even though it's a machine, and therefore it is indeed an "it".

I guess that you could refer to the gender used for the word itself. In my language, the word "robot" is masculine (similar to German - der Robot). Why do we need to have discussions about this is beyond me, but I guess it's just the symptom of the age we live in. Why not just flood said forums with widely misgenedering comments aimed at Randy herself, seeing how they will no doubt respond with something representative of its age?

5. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB ❤ 144hz
    I'm not a native English speaker, but isn't they/them plural or does the robot have multiple personalities?

6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    I guess we could write looong threads on that topic, if one's sane I don't think it possible to fathom how people get butt hurt over the tiniest of things, especially now with the Internet and Social Media as these huge vessels.

Well, back on topic :)

7. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    [​IMG]

rflair and cerebus23 like this.
  8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    EDIT: Well tabbed browsing again doing it's thing so this is the Borderlands 3 topic and the Gears 5 topic is somewhere over there. :D

Not too much more to say about Borderlands 3 though, think it's close to coming out and they're also doing some Fortnite cross promotional event I heard plus the seasonal unlocks for some early access to premium items and a few rarer gear bits although I haven't looked it up much to see how that's handled besides just hearing about it.

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    Solfaur likes this.
  10. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti SLi

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    polygon probably put the one person that hates borderlands on reviewing it.

Ben Kuchera is an absolute doorknob and represents the side of gaming journalism that the GG movement wanted destroyed. (corrupt and bought)

anxious_f0x likes this.
  12. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    Polygon review seems to be based on expectations of full AAA experience from a blockbuster release. And if the review is not lying, B3 fails to deliver this experience in multiple ways. I believe that game reviewers should also be critics and not diehard fans. What is the point of a review without any serious critique? If somebody likes the game, he will buy it either way...

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    That doesn't remove the fact that Ben is trash.

Polygon reviews are always biased in some way or another.

14. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
    No idea how much bs is in those reviews (I rarely care for reviews), but it does put a smile on my face, if the game tanks. And I say this as a BL fan, the whole Epic thing turned me way off.

15. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti X Sli
    The game won't tank, financially, and this is the reason Gearbox went the Epic route, guaranteed cash upfront no matter how badly the game does. Thought all the marketing etc seemed a bit too much and over done. You would think a 3rd game in a series would almost sell itself, this seems very forced. But as others have said the whole Epic deal, Mr Pitchford's attack on Steam loyalists, and people who have their previous games, was not a clever move.

Solfaur likes this.

16. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Gamespot review (score 8):

17. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Undying likes this.
  18. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    Yeah well as long as you understand that you are buying just another Borderlands game, there is not much to complain about...

cerebus23 likes this.
  19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Its a Bordelands game, it has to fun.

blitz72 likes this.
  20. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    overly negative reviews read like click bait, nit picking the humor that has been the humor of the series since game one, nitpicking the effects that has been a issue since game one.

if you like bordelands more borderlands there u go.