1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Borderlands 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scaredchimp, Mar 27, 2019.

1. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    There isn't much else to talk about lol. If he wasn't being weird, the thread would've stayed dead for a while. Someone should change his twitter password for gearbox's own sake :p

cerebus23 and Kolt like this.
  2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    This is kind of weird, Randy tweeted this, then deleted the tweet, and now Borderlands 3 is no longer available for pre-order on epic.

[​IMG]

Kolt and cerebus23 like this.
  3. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    what isnt wierd cringy or criminal about bitchford.

maybe the latest scandals will finally sink his use car salesman arse.

Kolt likes this.
  4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Must be same as the other new games. The publisher isn't interested in a sale before the game is released. The whole thing is weird. Steam keys would be sold at a discount on legit sites like GMG because the keys are generated for free and the discount came from what would've been valve's share. I prepurchased BL2 from GMG for $37 back in the day. That's lower than the $10 discount over here and Epic's footing the discount.

Dunno what's the problem tbh. Maybe it's easier to do all this when you're going up from a 70% share (steam) v/s going down from a 88% share (epic)? Still, can't say I'm not amused lol.

Last edited: May 18, 2019

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Epic did a 10$ off on everything above 15$ if I remember correctly with the info from the sales and then some publishers or all publishers weren't informed and Epic covered the cost and also covers sales a week back giving buyers back the difference but it does still lower the perceived value of games so a few publishers choose to delist their games (Vampire 2, some indie game I think and now Borderlands 3 I assume for that same reason.) since there seems to be no other control over being part or not and it's just a global change affecting all titles on the store.

It's odd that it affects pre-orders and it's odd that it also wasn't discussed much at all beforehand even with larger publishers and larger publishers having titles up for pre-order.
    It's not exactly common for sales to affect unreleased titles after all and informing beforehand is also a standard even if it inevitably leads to leakage. (Like the Steam summer sales of 2019 from a few days ago heh.)

cerebus23 likes this.
  6. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    https://www.resetera.com/threads/borderlands-3s-scrapped-cover-art-has-been-revealed.130193/

7. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    And here I think the one they chose is the worst of that entire lot.

8. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    The foot one feels like the natural continuation with the previous cover themes the games had but I also like the wraparound one where the hand comes out behind the bandit and a few of the others seem like pretty wild and crazy artist ideas although gun head isn't bad though it feels a bit off for Borderlands although I suppose the selected cover art with Guns & Roses (And the shepherd thematic.) is quite a new take too on the cover art for the game.

Others could work for posters or reversible covers.

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    This will be using Denuvo.

So... maybe it really will be an epic Launcher exclusive?

10. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    It is, an epic launcher exclusive,a big pass for me...

11. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Yep. Exclusive to Epic for 6 months, even though Mr Randy Pitchford has been crying and threatening to try and not release in on Steam ever since "fans" started vocalizing their unhappiness with the exclusive decision.

12. Hodadrick

Hodadrick New Member

GPU:
    1060 6GB
    I can't wait for it!

13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    He wants us to warrant the bag of gold he got by signing this deal :)

Anyway, I'll buy the game after reading the reviews. Need me some BL!

14. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    I did look forward to BL3, which made me install BL2 again and after 2 minutes i was reminded how fuking annoying Craptrap is.

So i'll pass.

15. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    Eh, who cares. There's a crapload of games to choose from. And with new games I want to play I actually don't get around to actually play them until a couple years later anyway :p My backlog of stuff I still didn't get around to is huge. And they're cheaper too, and with less bugs. It's a win-win, I tell ya.

Kolt likes this.

16. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    I recently played BL2 again for the free DLC. Still a decent game after all these years, and has me craving more (the free DLC was probably the best decision they made).

Borderlands 2 still remains the second-most played game in my Steam library. It's the first game that I really got addicted to, and it's also the game that I played most online and made the most friends with (I still remember a group of us trying [unsuccessfully] to take down Terramorphous together). I'm cautiously optimistic about 3 - the pre-sequel kind of spoiled things for me.

17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Just leave this here...

18. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Even when it hits Steam, I doubt I'll be buying this.
    I got really burnt out on Borderlands with the second game, just felt like... I've experienced all I ever want to with this style.

19. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Gaming X
    +1 to this

20. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti X Sli
    You have to wonder about this game, there is so much hype around it, so much more than the previous game, wonder if its a dud, or they are worried being on Epic they will get money but no real sales