1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Borderlands 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scaredchimp, Mar 27, 2019.

1. scaredchimp

scaredchimp Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX970 SLI
    DocStrangelove and TheDeeGee like this.
  2. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 G1Gaming
    Yaaaaaay!!! :D

nz3777 likes this.
  3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Be prepared guys.
    Randy has already tweeted about being really excited to support Epic Game Store.

And has been defending the statement ever since, even going as far as to ask people why it matters what store it's on.

G*addict, Solfaur and RzrTrek like this.
  4. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    I only hope it's not going to be some sort of FPS MMO and always online. It's my biggest fear. I just want another adventure with memorable characters, villains, bosses, well designed and somewhat open maps (but not too much, just well balanced between good direction as to where to go but also explorable enough to some extent), good loot, fun but not too complex character skills and builds and a badass soundtrack. Just BL2 on steroids without breaking the formula and I'll be happy.

5. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    IDC where they sell their games in hell for all i care, hope they do choose epic lest some people will boycott the game then.

f gearbox and bitchford. never forgive ;p.

6. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    EGS exclusive in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

SameOldx2 and RzrTrek like this.
  7. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB 144hz
    I'm already looking forward to YongYea's next video...

8. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    My anticipation for this is... actually... pretty low.
    And I really liked Borderlands 1 and 2.

But at this point, I would rather have a new Brothers in Arms. Continue Sgt Baker's story dammit.
    Or, use that Duke Nukem IP you spent 20+ million on... make a new Duke game.

BL3... just... eh.

Solfaur and Duke Nil like this.
  9. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    GET 'EM!

10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    I wouldn't be surprised tbh and would actually expect it. Pitchford has openly favored EGS in a tweet.

11. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    I'm slightly hyped, but know for myself i don't buy games on day 1 anymore.

I will most likely pick it up during a sale with all DLC and Bug Fixes a year after release.

12. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    I know that I will be the weird one here, but the Borderlands series never clicked with me. I guess that the "looter-shooter" genre isn't my cup of tea, but while I really like the art direction of the game, the gameplay gets stale for me fast... Also, I liked the original game better than 2 in terms of characters. No. 2 got rather obnoxious with the constant forced humor. Didn't play the Pre-Sequel, though (nor the Telltale games for that matter).

13. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    The Pre-Sequel was awful.
    I got a copy and put... maybe three hours into it. Hated it. Everything about it.
    The story didn't click, music was off... humor was even more forced and less funny then BL2, characters were annoying. And the level design was just bad.

G*addict and Whiplashwang like this.
  14. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    I see. I've heard that it was basically a worse rehash of 2, but with bland level design and some odd new mechanics (something about jumping in low gravity).

15. Gabriele Coulson

Gabriele Coulson Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1060
    Gonna wait for more info about this. I really liked Borderlands for the lootin' and shootin' so if it's some flavor of the month battle royale crap then I'm going to pass real hard. There are plenty of those out there, I need something to play with my friends and actually unwind and that only works when its not some competitive environment. Might also pass if it's an EGS exclusive, I really don't like this kind of business

16. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    No. Making another Duke game would be the worst thing ever (it's been tarnished enough with DNF). Let it rest in peace.

I've played it. I put a total of 117 hours into it. By comparison, I put 796 hours into Borderlands 2. A decent game but nothing groundbreaking.

I'm really hyped for 3 though. It'll probably be a day one purchase, and I'll grab it as soon as I can on the EGS (no preorders of course, like always).

17. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Why?
    Because one troubled game made by a skeleton crew at 3DR for 14 years didn't live up to expectations?

That only a handful of people working on DNF actually cut their teeth working on D3D. The rest, left the company and went to work for GBX years and years before GBX acquired the IP.
    They absolutely SHOULD make another Duke game. But, reinvent him, his world, tone and setting. Make it more in line with what George originally said DNF was "supposed" to be. A dark, serious and grim game. Horror elements, survival, little bits of sarcasm and humor here and there, but they were not intended to be big parts.

Duke should not try to be a comedy, Duke himself should not try to be funny.
    And, as much as this may "piss off" some "fans"... recast Duke. I love JSJ as Duke, but the voice only works in short bits. One liners. Anytime he tries to have dialog with another character, it doesn't work. The voice feels awkward and out of place.
    Duke needs to be more then what he is, he needs to be an actual character. Right now, he's not.
    He needs solid new ground, like Lo Wang in the 2013 reboot of Shadow Warrior, BJ in Wolf:TNO... or the Slayer in DOOM 2016. Games that "get" what makes the characters work.

But saying a new Duke should never happen just because people were disappointed with DNF is foolish.
    A classic shouldn't die because of one misstep.

drandiiski likes this.
  18. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti
    Agreed! I put over 60hrs into Borderlands 2, but only five into the Pre-Sequel. Hopefully Borderlands 3 doesn't suffer the same flaws.

19. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Well, Pre-Sequel was developed by a different studio.
    So... there is that.

Agent-A01 likes this.
  20. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    WC 980GTX
    PC gamer minority outrage incoming, I guess.

BL2 was one of my most played games, outside of L4D2 and was a fine example of how lootboxes and DLC / Season Passes should be done. Of course gaming has moved on since then, well moved backwards since then, with unfinished live services attached too two year road maps that require the player to invest in the game like it's a second job.

If they get the release, features and content cost and distribution in line with what BL2 offered then I am sold even if it's on Epic game store.

I know I'll have to go to the vast difficulty of downloading the store front and my god the challenge of then having to install it and I have no idea how I'll deal with having to add another Icon to my desktop and running another storefront on top of steam to play the game. No doubt I'll need several months of intensive training and focus to manage but if this game is as good as BL2, well I'll just man up and some how struggle through this mountain sized mammoth bollock of a challenge.... oh no I forgot I'll have to create an Epic account as well.... my god I don't know after all the other stuff I'll need to do if I'll have the sheer strength of will and reserve to do that on top of everything else... forget it if it's on Epic I won't bother it will just be to much of a chore, no matter how good the game is.

Because Duke Nukem was never good and while Doom may have gotten good by going back to it's roots were has Duke got to go back to? Another game that wasn't ever quite as good as it's compatriots of the time but their was a chance of seeing some very pixelated titties or a bit of off hand blue commentary?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019