Borderlands 2: New (10/1/2012) unlimited golden keys

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by SLI-756, Oct 2, 2012.

1. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
  2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    nice, it is still pretty crap though since you would need to quite the game and most people only have few keys not like that guy with 84 keys.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    That file also contains all other character unlocks but I guess it works for just opening that chest over and over. :D
    (Although it's simpler to just use a hack for the slot machines.)

4. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    True.

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I think I'll stick to Randy's twitter feed :p

6. SamW

SamW Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTX
    This is probably something they can't patch...

7. adabiviak

adabiviak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980Ti
    Twitter, yeah... I normally won't touch it with a stick, but I'm down for some good weapons (I'm level 31 and have only seen one orange). I just checked it now, and some codes are due out later today and tomorrow (apparently with a 3 hour expiration time).

8. smashly

smashly Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 560ti / GTX 670
    I can't believe what my m8 has found in orange weapons and shields.
    Here i am completed my 1st play through at level 38, yeah I milked it out as much as I could, scavenged every chest, pile, locker and did as many missions as I could find.
    I barely had any unfinished badass challenges left and the ones I haven't finished were the co-op challenges like getting a friend to crush you in The Dust or get to the top of a building in Opportunity etc.
    I've found or given 3 orange items in total always 2 ~ 5 levels lower then my level.
    So I drag my rig over my m8s place and we hook up and I look in the locker in Sanctury and it's filled with orange weapons my m8 has stashed.

So I say nice stash dude, then he shows me his backpack and wtf he's 4 main weapons slots are orange and he's also carrying another 3 orange weapons and shields.
    I look at his badass challenges "Nothing rhymes with orange" and he's found so far in his first play through 19 orange items 1st character, first play through at level 29 he is.
    I'd understand it if he was net connected, playing with others or tech savvy or found a exploit, but he's got no net, hasn't played with anyone apart from myself and as for savvy or exploits he's clueless and has trouble creating a desktop shortcut or completing the simple game missions half the time.

I say "you been playing the pokies", he says "yeah", I say "that where you got your orange stuff from", he says "na, pokies are tedious, barely won a white weapon on em, I just check every container I see".

At least it gave me hope of finding some of the Borderlands 1 orange weapons, he's found a Hellfire smg, I was hoping for a Orion or a Defiler.
    I did find a orange caustic Hornet pistol at level 2, lol.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  9. volors

volors Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    If you go to game installation folder >DLC>Premier>Lic>willowdlc.ini

open that file with notepad and edit the following

+NumKeys=300

you will get 256 Keys

;)

10. MarkyG

MarkyG Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    ^ doesn't work here :(

11. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    it only works with version 1.00

12. smashly

smashly Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 560ti / GTX 670
    Only 256 keys, your not very ambitious...lol
    In v1.0 you can have as many keys as you want, after you make the changes and start the game for the first time it tells you "You have xxxx golden key...."
    Virgin v1.0 game at the very start:
    [​IMG]
    Apart from that initial screen it's hard to know exactly how many you have left when you have more then 999 keys.
    On screen in the game the display of keys is turnicated to 3 digits.
    eg: Standing near the chest in Sanctury it shows 999 keys if your have a 1000 keys or more.
    Yet in the Challenges menu it shows the fist 3 numbers of the keys you have left, if you have 2287 keys, it shows 228 and turnicates the 7.
    I don't think the developers intended for people to have more then 999 keys at one time..lol

Also to have more then 256 you need to change more then just the +NumKeys= value in the ini.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  13. smashly

smashly Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 560ti / GTX 670
    If someone running v1.0 or greater of the game and is intending on starting a fresh offline game wants to try for 5100 keys, no promises or responsibility on my part that it will work or won't fook your game or account full stop, at your own risk.

1) Backup all the contents in Documents\My Games\Borderlands 2\WillowGame\SaveData\(your random number) directory first.

2) Then delete all the contents in Documents\My Games\Borderlands 2\WillowGame\SaveData\(your random number) directory.

3) Copy my profile.bin to Documents\My Games\Borderlands 2\WillowGame\SaveData\(your random number) directory
    You can grab my profile.bin with 5100 keys from here: http://www.datafilehost.com/download-4a693ca9.html
    Or you can grab my profile.bin with 10200 keys from here: http://www.datafilehost.com/download-a6dbb048.html

4) Launch the game in offline mode and start a new character.
    [​IMG]
    If all works out you should end up with 5100 keys after the claptrap gives your heads up display.
    If all goes bad, then you delete my profile.bin and return your backed up files to where they belong.

Nothing has been completed or changed in the my profile.bin, only added 5100 keys.
    (profile.bin contains your baddass stats, binded keys.. etc, so basically these things will be default values)

If anyone does try then let me know if it works for you or not.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  14. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Someone has reported finding at least one orange from the chest, while everyone else even some that's opened it thousands of times haven't found any.
    All i know is this, i'm lv.20 and half of my looted guns from the chest aren't as uber as i had thought, -discovered this when trying to complete the 'Bandit Slaughter' challenge. - i believe that it's a pre-order bonus but not sure. - you gotta survive it five freaking times. - i actually thought it was part of the story for a few days and got caught in it, then realized there was another door you could go through to progress with the story.

15. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Never had anything above purple or pink in the loot chest, found 2 oranges though, one in a random box and one from a mob in lynchwood.