Borderlands 2 + MSI 670 oc + Physx High

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by mentalpeace, Sep 26, 2012.

1. applejack

applejack Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 Ventus 3X
  2. adrock311

adrock311 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    some really interesting stuff there, especially this chart:

[​IMG]

GTX 680 has drops to 37 fps on high physx in borderlands 2 @ 1080p , which also agrees with my personal experience with my 670 GTX -- I am wondering if those people claiming to play the game "flawlessly" on their systems are actually watching the framerate counter while doing it

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  3. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Time will tell when the in-game benchmark is patched in.
    On your marks, get set ..

4. Matt151b

Matt151b Master Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 1080
    I can't tell what CPU pc perspective tested with. Anyone see that in the article?

On another note, I want that benchmark tool so I can play around and see if I dip below 60 ( don't think I do) and then I can play with my old 8800 as ppu.

5. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB

I've always found that folks that say things like ".."flawlessly" on their systems" or "butter smooth" are just idiots that really have no idea what they are talking about.

When Nvidia or the game dev says "yes there is x problem, we have confirmed it, replicated it and are working on a fix" there is always some idiot popping in with a "working flawlessly here" or "its butter smooth". I mean you've already got confirmation of an issue stfu already.

6. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 EVGA FTW
    This phrase drove me absolutely mad when Serious Sam 3 first launched...

7. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    They are obviously not viewing the framerate live, and since the FPS just slow to 30-40 during heavy firefights and there is no real stutter/microstutter effect they see the game as still "smooth".

8. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    ^
    Absolutely not the case. I've got 24 hours into the game and obsessively watch the frame counter because of all the people that are having issues. The fact is: cpu matters a great deal in this title, and an oc'd i7 with hyperthreading enabled does run it flawlessly.

9. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    I have a 2600k @ 4.6 and have seen problems with HT on and off. At this point you will have to post proof of settings/performance to refute the actual evidence we have to the contrary of great performance on kepler cards.

10. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I've simply explained my experience; I have no reason to lie. What's proof enough - 24 hours of video footage? Not interested, and best of luck sorting whatever problems you are encountering.

11. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    A simple 2 minute run showing all settings at max and heading through one of the trouble spots with fraps running is sufficient. The evidence against your claim is overwhelming. :p

12. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I have no personal stake in this. Tell me where the "trouble spots" are and I'll have a look.

13. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    Any place with a lot of action or a very far view distance even if it isn't rendering anything taxing. All settings max, I guarantee you that you aren't sitting at 60fps solid 100% of the time.

14. Brendruis

Brendruis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Reference GTX 680 SLI
    The game does have FPS dips down to 45 FPS, even on 680 SLI. It is CPU limitation and you can see it when nothing is going on if you slowly pan the camera in certain areas. It is either the result of not enough optimization being done (too many objects in view at once) or simply a limitation of the aging Unreal Engine 3..there will be those times when you're looking off in the distance (like on the glacier) with many many corrugated shacks in your view and it is just too much for CPU... Lowering settings and resolution does nothing to help, and GPU usage way under utilized.

This is just one of those games where you can't get that 100% above 60fps experience.. 90% of the time it is pretty smooth.. but there is just some CPU optimization was not done or no time or money for it.

It just goes to show the extent to which the human brain is different. Some have simply more attention to detail than others. Where one man here may say "looks smooth to me, 60 fps" another here may know the truth that it is otherwise. Both men are actually experiencing the same thing but one perceives it as smooth and the other does not.

15. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    @NeoAndGeo

Good grief, man. I am guessing by your antagonizing posting style you are very young, immature, or both. I am, however, neither. You "guarantee" I am not at 60 fps? I have played the entire game at 60 fps (yes, there is the usual 59-61 fps Nvidia vsync fluctuation before you get semantic) at max settings, fov @ 100 @ 1080p, save for the dip that I explained in a previous post, which was remedied by enabling hyperthreading.

I did not design this hardware, and therefore I have no emotion invested in it's ability to run games well. I'm simply interested in facts, and I'll go against my better judgement and play your silly "prove it" game. I'll try and have something posted up today.

16. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    Sounds good.

17. Brendruis

Brendruis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Reference GTX 680 SLI
    The game doesn't play at above 60 fps the whole time. There are areas where view distance is great/many objects and shacks on screen and FPS drops to 50 and below sometimes. When there is action in these areas I've seen drops to 45 fps.

and I'm on 680 SLI mind you.. GPU usage is generally low to prove it..

Nobody is bashing you or your rig.. this is just the game. it is a heavily modified UE3 game and IMO UE3 is on its last legs. There are some optimization issues with the game.

18. OldSnake

OldSnake Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte Titan Black SLI
    I am experiencing exactly the same issues and I am using a GTX590, so there should even be a little more power here - I have a GPU usage of about 50% when these framedrops do happen and I even have PhysX down to medium.

19. adrock311

adrock311 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    its strange that the PC version uses so much CPU when the weak console CPUs can handle it in the console versions

20. applejack

applejack Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 Ventus 3X
    handle what - lower settings @ 1280x720 / 30fps max ? :3eyes: