Borderlands 2 + MSI 670 oc + Physx High

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by mentalpeace, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Method, when in thousand cuts and you dip low, does turning the view distance from far to low, then back to far increase your performance?

2. method

method Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2gb
    unfortunately it does not.

3. playswithfire

playswithfire Guest

GPU:
    GTX670 SLI
    No worries about that one. There's another setting you can change in that file which makes a bit of a difference, it's the cel shading post processing option - change it to RyanScenePostProcessing for even faster.

I too joined here because this was the only forum I could find info about others having problems with BL2. Google doesn't seem to index forums.gearboxsoftware.com but if you have a look at http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=148554 you'll find a 54 page thread showing you're not alone.

What makes it so frustrating for me is that the game ran fine for the first while on my 570. Then I got the 670, and initially it was great, then the Captain Scarlett DLC hit and the framerate bug happened, and now it's just really dragged down my experience. In my case I still get better performance from the 570, which flies completely in the face of logic.

I really want to finish my TVHM playthrough but it's at the point now where I just know the framerate is going to drop, and I'll get eye strain and a headache. I've got the Torgue DLC downloaded but with all those explosions, there's no way I'm gonna touch it yet.

Guess I'll go play Planetside 2 (if it finishes downloading) or Chivalry or Day Z or Battlefield 3 for a bit and hope that we get something to fix it soon.

4. turrican9

turrican9 Guest

GPU:
    2x ASUS GTX 670 DC II 2GB
    The new Torgue DLC also saw dips down to low 30's alot of times. This ruins the gameplay completely.

This is just sad.

5. playswithfire

playswithfire Guest

GPU:
    GTX670 SLI
    Yeah I had the same thing in the new DLC last night. Ended up stopping after about 45 mins. Disappointing. :(

Let's hope Manuel get's it sorted for us!

edit: 2k Support have responded with:

Please contact Nvidia regarding this issue and respond back with their correspondence if they are not able to assist you.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  6. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Problem persist, and it so annoying. either nVidia need to fix it or either gearbox, but i do think it gearbox fault.

7. playswithfire

playswithfire Guest

GPU:
    GTX670 SLI
    Gearbox are definitely looking into it, as are nVidia :)

8. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    I fear by the time they find out the problem I will be long on to another game. :{

9. snowdweller

snowdweller Guest

GPU:
    Leadtek GTX 580 SLI
    I also get these!!!! I never even thought to check back here and see why because I'm enjoying the game so much

But I'm getting real sick of them especially when they drop around 20s when NO OTHER GAME DOES.....

Other games if they drop frames they go down to low 50s but going from 60 to 20s really hurts especially on such an awesome game and when you know you have the hardware to run it, it's just unacceptable. And like someone pointed out it just SHOULDN'T be happening on FLAGSHIP HARDWARE ON AN NVIDIA FLAGSHIP GAME!

Why can't they JUST FIX IT

10. playswithfire

playswithfire Guest

GPU:
    GTX670 SLI
    @Neo I fear the same, but hold out hope that it will be resolved before the next DLC lands.

@Snow - they are working on it - both nVidia and Gearbox - and hopefully between the two of them it will be fixed ASAP.

11. Visuallyvisible

Visuallyvisible Active Member

GPU:
    iirc when the game launched a gearbox employe tweeted something along the lines of: "people reporting running a 680 with max settings having performance issues, no worry contacting nvidia now"

Then the tweet was removed.
    It's like it was tested, ran quite poorly and they were happy with it as is? Once people started complaining they address or at least claim to be addressing the problems.
    Which leads me to think it's not uncommon for sloppy betas to be released as full games.
    Nvidia the way it's meant to be played?

12. playswithfire

playswithfire Guest

GPU:
    GTX670 SLI
    I've lost count of the number of games which have required patches to play immediately... even on consoles, you buy a game on release day, go to play it but can't because there's a zero-day patch for it already. So annoying!

13. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    i feel let down by gearbox cause of the expectation of an in-game benchmark, let alone the 'performance patch' that never was.
    Anyways BL2 doesn't have PhysX in the places Hitman does, so sure, BL2 is the best but hitman is along side it, BL2 gave uber PhysX & Hitman gave uber tessellation -and some nice cpu PhysX.
    I feel hitman is worthy a mention in this thread, is all, both trailblazed in the graphics dept. and for me these two titles make the gaming rig worthwhile.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  14. method

method Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2gb
    on top of the fps dip issue, i've been experiencing the "frame rate bug" a lot more lately, where your fps shoots down from 60 straight to 30 and then locks in at a steady 30 for anywhere from a few seconds to a whole minute. turning my view distance down and back up doesn't resolve it for me. i never even experienced this bug until the first DLC hit.

anyone discovered a fix for this yet other then turning view distance down and up? i changed my "MinDesiredFrameRate" line in the .ini file the other night to see if it would help (it was set to 35, i changed it to 60) but didn't notice a difference.

i really love this game but these frame rate issues are just ridiculous at this point, going from 60 to 30 fps in a heartbeat feels like your computer is overheating or something, it's just awful.

15. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    Weird. It sounds like the game has become double buffered. Turn off the game vertical synchronization and force it via D3DOverrider and force triple buffering too. See if that helps.

16. method

method Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2gb
    there somewhere i can get D3DOverrider without RivaTuner? links in the other thread are busted.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  17. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    Here is RAR of my D3DOverrider folder. Crazy how hard it seems to be to find these days.

D3DOverrider

18. method

method Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2gb
    thanks Neo.

19. dhwang

dhwang Guest

GPU:
    nvidia GTX 560 ti
    Give me your email address via pm and I'll send D3DOverrider to you. But I've found that it makes no difference after I upgrade my 9800GT to GTX560ti. So I stop using it.

20. playswithfire

playswithfire Guest

GPU:
    GTX670 SLI
    Anyone care to report back on the new 310.70 drivers? I'm stuck at work :(