Boot Vista from HD

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Monkey5900, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Monkey5900

Monkey5900 Master Guru

GPU:
    Connect3d X1800XT 256MB @ Stock
    i got a copy of windows vista on my drive but i need to be able to boot from it i dont have a DVD big enough to copy the files to is there any way i can boot the files on my harddrive. It's just that i need to reformat the drives so they are bigger and i cannot do this without booting from the CD which i don't currently have. Anybody got any solutions ??

2. Stupendous Man

Stupendous Man Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX660 Ti Power Edition
    I'm sorry, but I must have read your post like 20 times, and I still can't tell just was exactly you are asking here.

Could you maybe clarify it below for us?

3. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    do you just want to wipe your drive and start again? is that what your saying? and you think the only way to do it is too boot with your windows cd and do it from there?

Im not sure why you think formatting the drives will make them bigger.

do you have a shop bought pc that came with windows on a seperate partition? , so you dont actually have a Vista installation CD? just the option to reformat?

Jesus now im confusing myself!!! :3eyes:

4. gloves085

gloves085 Guest

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 2080 ti
    It sounds like you've either got an .iso image or a folder containing the contents of the Vista installation disk, I will assume you have 'misplaced' your legally bought dvd.

The simple solution would be to transfer to a USB Memory stick and boot from there. I'm assuming you have some form of external storage device if you are intending to format your drives???