Bogus Catalyst 3.10 beta drivers everywhere!

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by ratman, Dec 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratman

ratman New Member

GPU:
    X800XT, X600 PCIe on laptop
    Jeez! Everybody is so darned easy... The beta 3.10 catalyst drivers I see posted everywhere are nothing like the real thing! They are actually the "Call of Duty" hotfix for the 3.9 version, which most sites "deep linked" to the files. If they put in the real link to http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4291.html people would get the more up-to-date (12/1/03) version instead of the ones that were posted almost a month ago, now.

Anyone that has seen the real 3.10 beta drivers knows there are several major changes: the tray icon is "3D" - looks like you're seeing 3 sides of a cube with ATi on the lower right face, has the ability to set the rotation to 90/180/270 degrees and you can bind hot-keys to these settings, etc.

I suppose we'll see the real thing in the next day or two anyway!

2. Doomster

Doomster Master Guru

GPU:
    SapphireHD3850/AcerX263w
    Catalyst 3.10 beta drivers bogus?

I have updated to these supposed bogus drivers and everything works great and faster fps than ATI's Cat. 3.9 drivers............so where are you getting your drivers from.............I used the new modified/hacked one from the Guru3d downloads page:D

3. ratman

ratman New Member

GPU:
    X800XT, X600 PCIe on laptop
    Catalyst drivers

Hopefully, you have gotten the new (real) Cat 3.10 drivers now, right?

The ones that were posted as 'beta' 3.10 were just hotfixes for the 3.9 drivers. The only thing they fixed was the Call of Duty lock-up and a minor tweak that "Catalyst Maker" put in.

If you're getting more FPS - good on ya!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.