Blur

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by psdatta2005, May 25, 2010.

1. HitokiriX

HitokiriX Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
  2. georaldc

georaldc Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6970
    Read about it too on the steam forums. Seems the devs are looking into the GPU/CPU usage problem, that's good to hear. Guess the multiplatform engine being used caters more to how the PS3 works (more cpu work than gpu).

3. Wohlrajh

Wohlrajh Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX980 Gaming 4G
    Well I also have this problem with my GTX480, I was wondering why but I guess that's a bug.. But this glitch is really ugly, something is really wrong with these black bars, we shouldn't be able to see building over them ! We already had 2 patches for this game, I hope this one will be fixed in the next one.

I also have performance issues sometimes, especially in races with 20 cars it sometimes drops to 40 FPS and that doesn't feel as smooth as it should be.

I'm really enjoying this game so far in MP because SP is really boring.. Graphics are good for the cars, not really nice for the track textures but that's not really important, that's a game where the fun is the most important thing so that's good. Lots of challenges and cars to unlock, paints, car mods.. Reminds me of COD MP system :)

4. JeyNyce

JeyNyce Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotec GTX 1060 6GB
    I've played the demo on the 360 and multi-player is a lot of fun. How's Multi on the PC version?

5. chrishathaway

chrishathaway Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 @ 1105/1645
    Perfect really, you can make a party of friends and then go off to find a server, keeping all clan members nicely together. Finding a friend and joining their server is a sinch, much better than dirt 2's multiplayer interface.

Only thing missing is some text chat on menu screens.

6. jasonmvt

jasonmvt Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    I posted these in the screenshot thread. Hope this isn't a no-no, but I thought maybe the people reading this thread might enjoy:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti STRIX
    The game is a POS afaik. Gave it a spin for a 20 odd minutes, I am a big fan of Dirt2/Grid and Burnout, this is a FAR CRY (no pun intended) from all these games. Avoid like plague (PC version haxxed)

The visuals are dated and are very artificially "fluffed" up to give it substance.
    Gameplay is meh, been there done that.
    Cannot compare this to split/second, but something tells me I wont enjoy that also...

8. georaldc

georaldc Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6970
    Well at least the photomode can sometimes bring out some pretty nice results lol (like the screens above). Its a shame the cars and environments aren't even close to being as detailed as their previous PGR games though

9. fiskadoro

fiskadoro Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 460 Superclocked
    Been playing this for a few days. It's pretty decent, has a nice variety of tracks even if the graphics aren't stunning, and I've not had any technical issues really.

I guess the thing that bugs me, like someone mentioned above, is the way you progress. Sure, you can win every race, complete all the 'fan runs' etc. but you have to go back and repeat races over and over until you have performed certain 'tasks', then you get a shot at defeating the 'boss' in a one-on-one race.

Trouble is, these 'tasks' get a little annoying like barging multiple cars in one go, so you have to keep re-racing despite winning previously, just to up the stats. I dunno, maybe other folks managed all these set tasks in the regular races, but I doubt it because some of them take some effort.

Fortunately, the next set of races/episodes do open up a little earlier so you can at least partake in them, but gaining the right to tackle the one-on-one boss races just seems needlessly toilsome.

10. georaldc

georaldc Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6970
    I noticed another odd thing. When starting the game up and going to a race, my gpu's clocks drop back to 2d mode :3eyes: (using rivatuner). Pausing and unpausing seems to bring the clocks back up but the initial 2d mode drop might have caused some problems already. Wonder how all these bugs got past the QA guys and testers. Even the start race/end race letterbox bug is obvious as day (unless its actually supposed to look like that lol)

11. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Hey that looks like the cause of stuttering some are getting.

12. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    God, no bindable controls and only 2 pos layouts to choose from? :3eyes:
    Does anyone know how to map keys differently or is there really no way to do it? :|

13. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    This any good?
    Saw that it was on sale on STEAM today for 5 bucks.

14. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    The only thing I liked was the Crystal Method song used in the main menu :)

15. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Well online is dead most of the time, when you do find people playing somebody is usually cheating, and the difficulty level for the single player is just set at hard no matter what level you pick.

Really your not mssing much......and to think this came from the same people that brought us the perfect joy that was PGR3/4.