Bluetooth devices on Windows PC

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Ji1986, Sep 13, 2021.

1. Ji1986

Ji1986 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX670 OC SLI
    Hey All

Tried to search and didnt come up with much on this forum.

So I have a pair of wireless headphones that I use for my mobile. With the joys of Covid i thought i would connect it to my laptop for meetings but the connection is horrible at best and keeps dropping out, very frustrating. So I went back to plug ins.

I recently built a new PC Asus B550-E MB and Ryzen 9 (Very Happy) however i thought the same thing i could use my BT headset (Jabra Elite 75) for meetings and some late night gaming when the family is asleep. Again bad connection issues, Tried connecting xbox controller over blue tooth with horrible connection issues to the point of unusable. I tried a pair of Bose QC 35 i borrowed off a friend and again same issues, he also told me he had the same problem on his setup and he has a gigabyte MB and bought a pair of steel series arctis 7 for wireless connection.

TLDR: is this common problem for bluetooth devices to have poor connection with Windows devices? Ive tried removing drivers and reinstalling, makes sure i have latest drivers. Also i am always within 1m distance of the bluetooth source no idea why such bad connection.

Thanks

2. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 3060Ti
    Watching this, I have had little success with a pair of bluetooth headphones not being seen by my pc
    I got a pair of Aftershokz bone conducting phones for use on my scooter, you still hear ambient sound like traffic so they are safer. I was just wanting to try them on the pc, no luck so far

3. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 3060Ti
    Actually I just got the headphones to work, I hadn't held the power button long enough to enter pairing mode :p

I only have a small bluetooth dongle in the top of the case and it seems to work pretty well. Perhaps the placement of the dongle (if you use one) is important

4. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB 5700XT Gaming OC
    I use the Momentum TW2 with my work laptop for Teams meetings all the time. No issues. Also work fine on my home PC. Maybe some interference or driver related?

Edit: @Ji1986 do you have the wireless antennas connected? Try without them. As strange as that might sound, I once had to use wifi on the desktop for a couple of weeks and had constant issues. Constant disconnections, high packet loss, slow speed. And this was with the PC one meter away from the router. I removed the antennas and everything worked fine! Ok this was with wifi not bluetooth but doesn't hurt if you try.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021

5. Ji1986

Ji1986 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX670 OC SLI
    Y
    I dont have them connected, i hardwired my network to my pc. very frustrating.