Blue Screen during driver update

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by SlayrAbraxas, Mar 6, 2012.

1. SlayrAbraxas

SlayrAbraxas New Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5670 PCI
    So I am trying to play the diablo 3 beta and it told me to update my graphics driver. I did and about halfway through install, I got BSOD and crash dump. Stuck with a half-installed driver. Windows wouldn't let me update so I used the uninstaller and rebooted and tried installing again. Same thing happened.

Please help.

Using ATI Radeon HD 5670 PCI on a Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit system. Trying to update to Catalyst Software Suite 12.1.

2. xacid0

xacid0 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti AMP! Omega
    Try remove it with Atiman Uninstaller 6.1.3.

3. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    Reboot in safe mode, then go to your device manager and manually uninstall your videocard driver by right clicking on its name and select "uninstall" (be sure to check the box to let windows remove the driver files), then click on the button to "scan for new hardware" (the one with the magnifier, on the menu bar of the device manager), and :

- If windows automatically finds/installs another ati driver, uninstall it the same way (right click on it, uninstall, check the box) then scan again.

- If windows installs the default vga driver, you're good to go ->Reboot. Once windows is loaded, see if you can remove remnants of the old driver (the catalyst control center etc...) using add/remove programs. If not, try to use a cleaner like genetix cleaner, then install your new driver.

4. @ST

@ST Member

GPU:
    660 ti