Bloodborne (project beast)

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    To each his own. I personally found Bloodbornes combat and atmosphere a refreshing change from other Souls games. Especially the combat! The increased speed made combat more fun IMO and made it difficult to return to Dark Souls 1 and 2.

2. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    i can't see Hunters DLC on my PSn yet. why? :.(

3. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Must look to game itself and then don't DLC. Man.

4. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    even activating the DLC was pain. used google lol.

and holly sht. HUNTERS r pain. i barely made to first boss alone and died indeed. iam level 124. on google it advice 115 and higher recommended. iam on new game plus. just things r messy.

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Im stuck with 3 bosses LOL :p

6. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    where is your cat? where r u o steam or psn? y u put distance to our friendship? racist? because aim Turk?

Look i have a cat too. since october its with us.

anyway why u no help me to defeat DLC. ham i ur friend on PSn? NO. because u r a white racist who believes only white race is dominant. u illmuniati percent, chained servant of the devil. i have no idea what said. i drunk 3 LAGAVULIN in brought day light. ham a bit depressed again. too much to sell, business is tight. and too much depth. if i talk here how much i death to banks u all would call me liar. HELP to COOP me pls. Rude illimunati

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  7. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    Well i finally gained some "balls" and i´ve just bought a PS4 and my first game was Bloodborne of course. And i was lucky because the game is on a reduced price in PS store, 30€ for the main game and 11€ for the DLC, very nice deal. I´m gonna start playing the game today.

In case anyone wants to add me, my PS name is h83pt.

PS: i only accept hot babes as friends, so no strange ideas...:roll:

8. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzdhTGaWzec

A bit of random post, but that live performance is awesome!
    As someone who still regularly listens to the OST of the game (makes commuting to work epic every time), just recently found that clip and decided to share it with you guys. Also the vocalist somehow reminds me of the Doll .. Man that game is stuck in my mind forever. What a masterpiece and still the best game on the PS4 in my humble opinion..

9. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    So true drandiiski, imo best game from software have made hopefully bloodborne 2 is in production tbh bloodborne is one of my favourite games ever, was a hard platinum trophy to get and enjoyed every moment

10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    WOW!!! that is freaking amazing!!

11. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Man I've been playing this game like crazy for the past 10 days!!!
    What an amazing experience! Really! I have like a ton of hours already, and I didn't even scratch the surface :D.

Level 52 I think, and already got rid of 4 bosses!
    You have to be really careful not to miss things in this game.
    I will definitely play a second time after I finish, and the DLC also.

Never thought I would like this game so much!!!

I can't stand Dark Souls! LOL :bang:

Can't wait for Nioh!:banana:

I even forgot about BF1 multiplayer....

12. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    https://youtu.be/nVNN-u47TKE

I got platinum on this game and missed these quests and dialogue, best game from software has made, hopefully bloodbourne 2 is being made :)

13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    I bought this on PSN sale last week and I really couldn't help myself playing it (although I promised myself to finish InFamous and then Horizon). It's such a great game and the atmosphere is spot on! I've finished DS3 four times so I knew what I was getting myself into. This game is different than DS3 since the action is quicker and the side-stepping function is new and quite nice actually. It felt easier than DS3 for the first 10 hours but now enemies are really starting to hit hard. Another cool thing is that defense is your best offence, something which I'm not used to since I played quite defensively in DS3 with a large shield as backup. Here it's so important to go in hard and fast and be ready to side-step around the enemy instead of backwards which often gets you killed. But the enemies sometimes do the same thing which is cool! Bosses so far have been manageable but the hunters are tough as nails! Only sad thing is the technical bit since the game sometimes stutters at 30fps, but luckily you forget about it.

I have a question - which armor I use does not seem to have any real significance on the damage I take, a bit like in DS3. But maybe resistances are a more important factor here?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  14. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I'm playing NG++ to get the third ending and platinum.

Yes, resistances are very important latter in the game.

You can increase a lot your protection against fire, poison or frenzy using the right clothes combined with runes.

Take your time to equip the right gear at hunter's dream before going to some advanced levels where frenzy and poison can kill you very fast (specially frenzy).

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  15. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    If found four sets so far but there is always a trade-off, Gasciones (spelling) has good Blunt/Thrust Def but worse overall Def and doesn't have great resistances. But I guess you can mix-n-match to try to find the armor with most "blue" values :)

The BSB boss was very good at dealing poison damage (especially close to his death) and I had to eat antidotes.

16. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    One more thing, the path is not always super clear :) (which is a good thing) I won't ask for help just yet since at first I was stuck at the Church Courtyard lamp (one gate closed by device and another gate requires a special mark) but then I managed to get trapped by a monster and arrived at a different area which I'm exploring now.

Another thing which is wrongfully not clear is the significance of Insight. I've read up on it a little and it just seems to make enemies more difficult. At first I thought it was the same thing as Hollowed in DS3 but apparently not since it's also a currency.

17. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I couldn't get platinum without looking at the internet some trophies are not hard but you could walk right pass them or not say the right thing.

18. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    I love this game! Met the Paarl boss and at first I though wtf, this guy is impossible with his super wide arcing attacks but then I quickly checked tacts which was going 100% offensive mode and just smashing the sh!t out of his belly with the Hunter Axe. Even if I took damage hitting him just gave my HP back and I could take a breather every time he lost his bolt aura which was pretty often.

Plus I forgot I got a few really good runes from the first Chalice run which boosted my dmg considerably. Always fun with good surprises :)

I must say that I still don't get it :) So based on what you say Insight should be as low as possible?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  19. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Well let’s not forget that the insight also serves as a multiplayer component – you spend one every time you ring the bell to summon other players :)

20. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    I don't have blood rocks available to me yet but thanks for the tip.

Insight also seems to be a currency for summoning NPCs thought I'm not sure exactly how that works. For example, I summoned the NPC on the Paarl boss (cost 1 insight), though he died after a while and much later so did I. When I respawned I noticed that I still had the same amount of insight as before as if I was refunded since the NPC died before me. But this only happens sometimes...I'm confused.

21. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    I think you get one insight the first time you encounter a boss and two or three more when you defeat it. You spend one every time you ring the bell to call someone (NPC or human) and you get one when you successfully help someone defeat a boss.