Blast From The Past = AvP

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by pegasus1, Aug 5, 2022.

1. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG 6900XT@2.3Ghz
    Just realised this was maybe 12 years ago i played, downloaded into my Steam folder and had a quick blast, i tell you what this game still looks pretty good.
    Yeah its a bit basic, blast and turn a switch and blast a bit more but 12 years.

DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080S AMP
    You mean the original 2001 version? Oh, yes its one of the best and actually one of the games that got me into pc gaming. Also i've enjoyed the AvP 2010 almost as much.

vestibule likes this.
  3. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG 6900XT@2.3Ghz
    The 2010 one, i remember playing the 1999 version on PS i think.
    I think my first PC games were Cossacks and Ghost Recon.

4. skacikpl

skacikpl Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 8G
    It was a mixed bag for me, i had more of Monoliths AVP2 expectations i guess, what it turned out to be wasn't bad either though i always found it annoying how Rebellion with their Asura engine still to this day cannot figure out giving the player option to jump at will and characters were bolted to the ground, whilst predator had this super weird jump mechanic.

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    I still play avp2010 occasionally, multiplayer as a marine :D

DocStr4ngelove, pegasus1 and Undying like this.
  6. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080ti
    Though not game related, I just watched the new Predator movie.... Prey., And it was actually good. I mean, really good. Best Pred movie since the original Predator. Minds blown tbh, that they didn`t blow it. Maybe there is still hope for a new Next Gen AVP PC FPS down the road. Hey, I can dream eh. ;p

7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080S AMP
    Im yet to see it but i dont have high hopes for it.

8. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080ti
    Neither did I tbh. I hated every Pred movie released after the Original. But...... finally this 1 comes out from out of left field, and..... well give it a watch when ya can. ;p It wasn`t Epic territory. But puts forth a very valiant effort. Almost gives me hope we may see some decent movies come our way yet.

9. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    MP was really cool on this game.

Undying likes this.
  10. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG 6900XT@2.3Ghz
    Il be watching tonight.

11. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    AvP was sheer awesomeness in MP.. We were a group of 4 students in the same appartement playing it on weekends.

I had to play as the alien because the others would get dizzy running on walls or upside down on the ceiling.

Main tactic was destroying lights and wait above a door. Sometimes the 1st guy got his head bitten off.

Had a ton of fun :D

Undying and pegasus1 like this.
  12. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG 6900XT@2.3Ghz
    To slightly veer of track, my best MP experience was COD 4 with my two kids, both on their rigs in their bedrooms and me in my mancave, pistols and knives only, was epic.

DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  13. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080ti
    I`d love to see an AVP done with the Unreal 5 Engine. I think it`s time.

pegasus1 likes this.
  14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    AVP is probably the "last" fps game i actual bought still great game, not as good as there original AVP games still great,
    COD is trash imo to many trash mouth kids playing COD that should even have access to the game in first place cause bad parents, then when said kid does some shooting in school or something like, said parent try to play on publisher... Atlest mic and all talking can be muted these days. for those that still play COD and cant stand that crap

I would not mind that either! acutal I would like to see original AVP game redone in UE5, but it would have to be for PC do not like shooters or aiming of any kind on consoles and controllers.

Shataan likes this.
  15. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 3090
    I was about to say how much I used to love playing this with my Dad, then I realised I'm thinking of the AVP2 by Sierra years ago lol

16. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    AVP2 the old one, was insane. among the best game experiences for its time. i was addicted to that game when i was young.

first AVP was excellent but less memorable for me.

Undying likes this.
  17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080S AMP
    It would be nice if they remake the game in UE5.

Shataan likes this.
  18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    After watching the new predator... or well "Prey" movie, it made me wish there was an open world Predator game like that where the predator is hunting you, much like Alien Isolation, and then the world itself would have things that could kill you as well.... like the bear or cat from the movie, even having a companion like the dog.. it really was such an awesome setting if translated into a video game, and playing as a native American also... that would be so cool.

19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080S AMP
    Someone already mention but a badass colonial marines vs predator needs to happen on some alien planet. A movie or a game thats sounds more fun than little girl with a bow and arrow.

Shataan and coc like this.
  20. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG 6900XT@2.3Ghz
    Sounds very samey to all the other films that just go over the top with more and more explosions and special effects. Just look at the Transformers series, the first one was great then they became progressively more over the top until the last one took it back to something a bit more substantial.