Black Screen after gtx 1050 install

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by mickopla, Mar 26, 2020 at 11:37 PM.

1. mickopla

mickopla New Member

GPU:
    gigabyte gtx 1050
    I have a Dell Optiplex 780 SFF with a Intel® Core™ 2 Quad Q9400/2.66GHz, 6M, 1333FSB

I upgraded my GPU to the Gigabyte Gerforce GTX 1050 low profile card.

I problem i have is when i try to play Minecraft i get a black screen pop up every few seconds

Also when my sons try to play Roblox the same thing happens.

The strange thing is when i run Fortnite on High settings it runs fine with no problems.

I also did a 3dmark stress test with no issues.

I'm running the latest drivers on Windows 10. I'm connecting to my monitor hdmi to hdmi and also have tried vga to dvi-d with the same issues.

I have tried a different monitor with the same problems.

If the problem was also happening in Fortnite and 3dmark i would say its a faulty card but it runs fine with those programs.

Anyone come across the same issue and any fix out there??

2. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    What is the temperature of the GPU when this happens? That you're using a SFF case leads me to suspect temps.

3. mickopla

mickopla New Member

GPU:
    gigabyte gtx 1050
    Temp of GPU is 80c when running at full speed. I did suspect temps and took the side panel off to allow more air flow. Less graphics intensive games like Roblox and Minecraft cause the problem and also the Netflix app in Windows 10 so not sure if temps are the problem but i'm stumped now so not sure