Black Ops Tunnel Flashlight problem, help!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by rgnuyda, Jul 26, 2011.

1. rgnuyda

rgnuyda Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI560GTX Ti Twin Frzr2OC
    I've got this weird graphic glitch when playing the tunnel/flashlight part in the mission "Victor Charlie". The NPCs are blacked out or silouhetted. All the other items and props are fine. When i exit the tunnel and the flashlight goes off, everything's back to normal. Here's a couple of screenshots to illustrate what i mean:

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll83/RGN07/BlackOps2011-07-2512-39-27-71.jpg

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll83/RGN07/BlackOps2011-07-2512-38-03-52.jpg

Any assistance is appreciated.

2. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    I got the same problem. Couldnt do anything about it and before i knew it the tunnel scene was over so couldnt be bothered. :)

3. rgnuyda

rgnuyda Member Guru

GPU:
    Do your bugged images look similar to mine?

Really? I sought assistance from MSI (my card's brand) and just got a reply a minute ago from the MSI forum moderator, he said its a bug bec. he went through the tunnel with the same issue. I linked screenshots as well. Looks like we're not alone. Well, thanks so much for buzzing me with a reply. It really made me feel better knowing its not an exclusive defect. Good luck.

4. honkeykrakker

honkeykrakker Master Guru

GPU:
    Must have been an nVidia bug as I had no such thing when I played. Unless patches in the past 6 Months or so did something funky, I quit as the game sucks.

5. rgnuyda

rgnuyda Member Guru

GPU:
    could be. I even tried another vid card but still the same. Oh well, but i'm not giving up just yet.

6. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Maybe there is a gfx shader effect which could be turned off via developer console? To me it looks like the reflection shader could have a problem because theres no global light in the tunnels, maybe thats why it shows black rather than have no reflections at all.

Just an idea of course. Dunno if 'reflection shader' is the right word though.

7. rgnuyda

rgnuyda Member Guru

GPU:
    I certainly hope its something we can access. The only file i know that can be tweaked is the config file but i'm not bold enough to touch that.

8. roseawebs

roseawebs Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 1GB
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2017