Black Ops First Patch Released!!!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CPC_RedDawn, Nov 12, 2010.

1. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    Just loaded up STEAM to find both SP and MP have updated.

The fixes include:

Call of Duty: Black Ops - Multiplayer

- Friends fix for join in progress and Friends tab in server browser

- Performance improvement for dual and quad core systems

Going to test it out now, to be quite honest if this helps, this was a quick fix by treyarch but I am not going to give them kudos just yet. Lets test it out first.

2. 3x3cUt0r

3x3cUt0r Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 Ti Gaming 6G
    Didn't fix my low fps problem here.

3. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    Well I can happily say that this patch have infact sorted out most of the lag/stutter problems for me!

Tested on mp map "Jungle" one of the most graphically intensive maps (lots of AA used in bushes) Getting a solid 150fps lowest I have seen is 97fps. GPU usage is still a little low, still 99% on menus and around 70% in game which is just wrong lol.

Lag is still there a little in killcams, and when watching other player but not as bad as before.

I suspect this is just a quick patch up to keep people happy and playing for the time being until they can get a bigger patch out to fix more of bugs as a whole.

My config settings:

cl_maxpackets 100
    cl_packetdup 2
    com_maxfps 0
    snaps 30
    rate 25000
    sv_maxrate 25000
    r_multiGPU 0
    r_multithreaded_devices 0 (tested on 1 but for some reason its better on 0 give me more fps and smoother play, dont know why).

Hope this helps.

4. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    so you can play online now with out lag?

5. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    There's technically 2 patches, one for SP and another one for MP.

Some people said it resolved the issue, other said it made it worse (a sort of "way to screw up the screw up" scenario).

deltatux

6. 3x3cUt0r

3x3cUt0r Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 Ti Gaming 6G
    I'm getting 17 fps on my pc... MW2 was running really well.

7. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    at first it fi ed my issues but after 10 minutes some minor STUTTERING and PAUSING returned but better than before.

8. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    quite fustrating the issue with online lag. i saw some online gameplay wich was good for an hour or so and then started lagging like mad. wasnt playable anymore. this has held me from buying this game until this is fixed.

9. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc
    it is a joke its still the same , server has low ping yet in game your ping is up n down like a fps counter :bang:

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    The patch didn't seem to make much difference to me initially. I still had the same judder when spinning on the spot and resuming the campaign resulted in some stutter for a few seconds before things smoothed out. After a few minutes I noticed it did feel a little slicker, maintaining 60 fps better than before (vsynced; 90 fps with it disabled).

The multiplayer menu still causes the mouse pointer to lag like hell though, running at sub-20 fps, because the graphics cards are stuck at 2D 157/300 MHz speeds plus the game takes ages to quit back to the desktop.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2010

11. Quicks

Quicks Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil RX 470 / 4GB
    Whats going on with Pc games lately all these funny performance problems glitches and crap. Sounds like a conspiracy how can we screw with the pc gamers ? They (developers) obviously do not test there crap before releasing it these days.

12. _NeO_

_NeO_ Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660S Gaming X
    Strange that u guys get low fps it runs ~50fps for me no lag at all. Or it's only on multiplayer issue? Cause i haven't tryed it yet.

13. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    When are they going to fix the horrible spawn points? I had to quit playing yesterday because I was constantly getting shot in the back from the same person I just killed. And I thought MOH had crappy spawn points.

14. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    Yeah the spawn points are bad but seriously its nowhere near as bad as MOH.

15. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    Its difficult for the DEVs to fix a console coded game and get it running on PCs properly.

PC gamer:chainsaw:Treyarch

16. charliehamster

charliehamster Maha Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    The only patch i would welcome , is the one that would give teenagers a severe elecrtical shock, when they pressed LMB during the game.

17. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    game runs beautifully here, never had a problem without the patch, don't have a problem with the patch either, superb performance as usual (played an entire mission without a hitch). ;)

no conspiracy, computers can and will behave very differently even with the same hardware and software configuration, this is a known fact.

that's why i don't have a single problem with this or any other game while many other people are dealing with lots of issues.

sometimes it's the developers fault, sometimes user fault, sometimes both, sometimes none (your pc possessed by evil pope or whatever) lol

[​IMG]

18. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080GTX STRIX
    Coding a video game is more difficult... oh wait they already did that. Might aswell bloody fix it as well for the prices they're asking.

19. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX2080S
    1 patch and 20 more to go hahah.. well at least they should've tested it more before they rushed released it...

20. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    They r making joke of us...i assure you. this is Tragicomic.