"Black Hole" is racist

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by kwak, Jul 10, 2008.

1. krayzieNRG

krayzieNRG Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 970
    don't wanna offend anyone but i think black people are the most racist and I'm a black man(JAMAICAN) we blow any and everything out of proportion when a next race says things and we(black)do it to each other everyday...and again sorry if i offend but its true

2. Mad Cow

Mad Cow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire+HIS X1950 PRO Crossfire+OC
    Hit the nail squarely on the head. This is probably the only time I'll say this, but I agree with you. :)

Every minority successful in a field that actually requires intelligence acts like a respectable human being, I'm not going to say like the "white man" because that would imply that all white people act respectably. They don't jump at every chance to pull the race card.

In my view, people that do that are the actual racist ones. They're the ones who try to turn everything with the work "black" into a racist comment. A black hole is a term used for years and years and has absolutely nothing to do with black people.

Oh, and don't try to say that the only difference is skin colour. I remember seeing a picture of an albino african, looked nothing like an albino caucasian. Just pointing that out, I don't want to start an arguemnt on the difference between races.

3. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
  4. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    I'm honestly not worried about whites becoming a minority. I enjoy asian language & culture (to an extent ;) ) and I approve of the work ethic of alot of the lower class immigrants that I've encountered. As long as the constitution is upheld rather than sold for handouts & votes, I'll be a happy camper.

a nifty fun fact: At the time of the revolutionary war around 33% of the people in Pennsylvania spoke German.*

*According to "The First American, the life and times of Benjamin Franklin" by H.W. Brands

Also relevant to this discussion

Last edited: Jul 11, 2008

5. Psytek

Psytek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 260 GTX 216 SLI
    lol, as in, the big things in space with all the gravity and science and stuff?

We've been calling them black holes for years... why has it suddenly become racist now?

6. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    lol, Don't get me wrong, the whole issue in this scenario is overblown. Progress is a bit slow but there are signs things are improving.

Jack belongs to the generation which seems to think racism and racial discrimination doesn't exist.

7. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    a lot of newspapers wrote following the 9/11 attacks: "BLACK DAY FOR AMERICA".....must've been written by a racist then?

meh.:3eyes:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2008
  8. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    racism these days isnt quite the same it used to be, before it was purely skin color.
    now its more a stereotype and behavior.

like someone wearing baggy clothes and a hoodie is alot more likely to cause others to stereo type him and make racial slurs than that of his skin color alone.

though i think its odd that in my area, its 90F outside and i see african americans wearhing hooded sweatshirts, i mean thats just asking to be stereotyped or to be treated differently imo.

9. Crossfire

Crossfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon HD 4670 1GB
    Way over-reactive!

The coloured person (Hehe politicly correct :D) was dumb for not thinking black hole instead thinking coloured hole.

ROFL

10. The_AC

The_AC Maha Guru

GPU:
    R9 390X
    "Racism" wasn't even a word until the 1950's. We managed to get some slaves, free them, pass Jim Crow laws, repeal them, and pass some political/civil rights acts, all without using the word "racism."

I think the word is over-used these days.

11. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    that's why i use the word "Colorified".. eg. my colorified friend is coming for dinner. :D

12. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    Though I obviously don't agree with the stance taken by the man in question I do however see how 'racism', 'prejeduce' and 'ignorance' has become increasingly more covert and subtle, the fact that even today it is still used as a political tool shows how widely is is percieved to influence the minds of common people.

Prejeduce in it's simplest form is quite natural and a vital part of our survival instinct, we all show prejeduce based on a variety of factors, some times on numerous occasions each day atleast in our thoughts if not actions.

The real question is how this effects others and whether this is 'fair' prejeduce and not just a symptom of an increasing 'superiority complex' born from the economic success of the 'coloured', 'minorities'.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2008
  13. Morpheous416

Morpheous416 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GT 750 Ti
    Next thing to go........

Black Pepper.... White Pepper.... oh... and something about a rumor that Obama might think that the "White House" is offensive.

14. otaku

otaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800,640gts sli
    its easy to understand. today it is mostly down the the dregs from one country flocking to another and bringing their whole country down to their level.

15. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    I think that is a bit of an unfair assumption.

16. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    HIS HD4870/Samsung2343BWX
    More stupidity! Political correctness is all BS. It's helping to destroy this society. :knock: Racism is BS! People just hate each other. It doesn't matter where they come from. This society just gets dumber by the second!:bang:

17. scipio

scipio Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
  18. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    Although it is true that people just hate one another and racism arises out of this. It is absolutely false that racism does not exist.

Racism is a form of hatred that infests a society as a whole creating distinguishable groups of whom it's "Ok" to hate, fire, beat, or even hang. Therefore, I observe that purest form of the evil of racism isn't simply that racism itself is hate, it is that racism acts as a justification for hatred. Racism calls the most vile things of our nature, that we should harm our fellow man unjustly, both right and good. When viewed as a justification for hate, racism can be seen festering in a society corrupting first its conscience and then its institutions modifying the equal application of law until not only does it not protect the persecuted, but the law itself becomes the weapon of the persecutors

/race baiters still suck and are responsible for people not taking it seriously anymore, as well as providing an excuse for racism by racists.

//race baiters are racists in the aforementioned view because they are perverting the equal application of the law by pitting one group against another.

19. proFits

proFits Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Good one :wanker:

20. Sobek

Sobek Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280
    Light-Challenged Void™

You read it here first folks.