1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Desert Online

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CPC_RedDawn, Dec 3, 2014.

Tags:
  1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Anyone else still playing? I'm totally addicted to this. Help?

2. Megabiv

Megabiv Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    Yeah im still rocking this game and totally loving my Warrior awakening :nerd:. Also managed to finally get some Bheg gloves so I'm slowly on my road to boss gear.

3. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2060 S
    Haven't touched it in months, might try it when i get burned out on Legion.

4. Hirantha

Hirantha Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Hybrid (BEAST)
    Still going strong guys! 186AP and 265 DP on my Valk.. I just gotta get the dandelion before my awakening comes out.

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Good man.

Today's patch added boxes you can buy from blacksmiths. They roll accessories. Go waste a few mil trying for an Ogre ring :)

On a plus note, finally got a Giath Helmet from NV. Only had 125 energy when I was going to log for the day and then I thought I'd try my luck... first roll was armor blackstone, second was Giath Helm. 86m.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  6. Hirantha

Hirantha Master Guru

GPU:
    wow nice gratz dude. I've yet to get lucky at NV. I want some crescent rings so lets see. already got DUO Ogre on me.

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Oh I assumed you had an Ogre but getting one out of those boxes is good money. I've opened a ton of necklace boxes yesterday and landed between 2 Ogre rings countless times, it's annoying. I've stopped myself from opening more for now. Bares neck price went from 177k minimum yesterday to 50k minimum today lol.

I wish they brought back golden daggers or something similar to that. They made grinding fun because you never know when you get one. It was a nice bonus. Shame they're gone.

8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    I just couldn't grasp the game. So many things I don't understand or don't know and it sucks having to read guides endlessly. I think this game was simply too difficult for me. Playing WoW now which obviously has way less depth than BDO but maybe enjoying simpler games is a sign that i'm getting older? ;)

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Yeah, BDO is pretty deep. Once you invest time into it it's easy to understand though.

Biggest gripe is the fact that to be good at this game you need gear and to get gear you need to play it a LOT. Oh and have some luck.

Not exactly for casuals but that being said, if you stick with it, you can do ok.

10. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    JetStream 980Ti
    I'm still enjoying the hell of bdo, best mmo in a looooong time imo, I don't have the time to be super competitive in pvp but my guild is mostly pve and guide events.

I dumped my tamer not long back shes just a fisher and farmer now, I have a witch alt level 50 for world bosses and then my main is a sorc now whos 56 (scythe is so much fun!)

150ap and 214dp oh her so not too bad. Need to push my liverto to tri next!

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Liverto to TRI was a nightmare for me. I started at 35 failstacks and kept failing like a noob. Finally went TRI at 62 failstacks.

I know I know, people will say I should've saved those stacks for a TET attempt but meh, I just wanted the TRI that bad.

I have my main sitting on 54 failstacks anyway and a couple of characters on 35 stacks and the rest on around 15-20 stacks. I'm ready for my awakening weapon and/or boss gear enchants.

The game can be cruel though, that is for sure.

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    I suppose you're right. But do you feel that the game carries you in the beginning? Or explains well enough?

I have one example - Nodes and Trading Routes. I understand that it's used to transport stuff from my bank in one city to the next (so that I dont have to run to the first city in order to get a gem or something). Nodes have to be connected to be usable but how do you do it?

You dont have to answer specifically but it's just one of many things that I have no clue about. Mind you, I've not looked it up :) But in the beginning I was just interested in trying to learn the combo system (which is also difficult to remember).

13. Hirantha

Hirantha Master Guru

GPU:
    Yeah daggers and back packs would have been nice. I've landed once between two ogres lol the system is teasing.

14. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti EVGA SC+
    Anyone still playing this? I recently returned when I saw the new class coming this month (Striker). But I've noticed that, since I last played the game, Rivaturner now seems to trigger the Anti-Cheat software the game uses; xcoronahost. Anyone else experienced this?

15. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Probably try delaying the hook if that's possible.

16. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti EVGA SC+
    Thanks for the suggestions, maybe I did something wrong, but altering the injection delay unfortunately didn't do much for me. I did google around a bit before making the post though, and found this little detail: http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/65832-xigncode/&do=findComment&comment=847282

[​IMG]

So, guess I can't expect too much then.

EDIT: Well, I've filled out a request form on BDO Technical support and sent an email to "Wellbia" (the company behind Xigncode anti-cheat). Asking why they label MSI Afterburner & Rivaturner as suspicious software...

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  17. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti EVGA SC+
    Well, I haven't heard back from either of my messages, but a GM has acknowledged the issue and an engineer for the software answered someone else.

GM:
    [​IMG]
    Dev for the Add-on:
    [​IMG]

18. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Just tried this game first time on a free 7 day trial,game looks great but damm playing for 1 hour and it is still giving me tutorials . Annoying as f'ning mothertruckers.
    Sorry to necro thread ,not sure if I will keep playing but it does look great and it has been remastered as of Aug 22 2018.

19. metagamer

metagamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    Unless you can completely dedicate your life to it, I would say stay away.

20. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Ohhh it is like World Of Warcraft then I do have time for it,not sure yet if I can do another 15 hrs a day for months on end though.Getting to old for that stuff now.I will try it for a few more hours and see how it goes.
    Thanks for the advice about staying away that might be great advice if I get hooked.