Black Border - GT 630M & Win 7

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by writerguy48, Feb 10, 2017.

1. writerguy48

writerguy48 New Member

GPU:
    GT 630M 2 GB
    Hello all,

I'm experiencing one of those "but it worked fine yesterday..." problems.

Asus laptop, Win 7 64, with a dual graphics card solution (Intel HD 3000 & Nvidia GT 630M). Using latest GeForce drivers (378.49).

Anyway, what's happening is this: in games where I need to select a lower screen resolution than supported by my monitor -- say, 1440x900 -- what's happening now is a black border is visible, whereas previously changing to a lower resolution still resulted in an image that filled the screen.

I have no idea what could have happened to result in this change. I looked through all the available options in the Nvidia Control Panel but didn't see anything about screen scaling.

Any thoughts?

2. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 2070 Super
    Go to NV CP and check the scaling options. BUT, NV is secondary card and Intel is primary one so may be you need to check settings of Intel card. I mean primary card actually does all interactions with display, not the second one.

3. writerguy48

writerguy48 New Member

GPU:
    GT 630M 2 GB
    NV Control panel doesn't have scaling options for me, so I'll check the Intel settings and see if there is one there.