Bitspower Launches Touchaqua DIY Series Soft Tube Kit series

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. reix2x

reix2x Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    is there a real benefit on using this kind of "coolants" instead of just water? i know in ice engines the benefit is that you control a lot of the corrosion in the system. should that be a problem on a computer water cooling system?

3. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    There is few benefits from using the coolants rather than distilled or deionized water, distilled water or deionized water doesn't offer any kind of protection against the algae and doesn't have any kind of anti bacterial or anti corrosion

Yes you can use distilled water or deionized water if you wish, but I highly recommend to change water every 2 or 3 month and if you are running mixed metals like copper with nickel etc I would change water much frequently

Other option is to use Biocide+ and Inhibitor+ from Mayhems

Mayhems X1 1L cost around £6-£7 amd that's very good price for coolant, I use only Mayhems coolants and never have issues with them

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

DeskStar and reix2x like this.
  4. Arctucas

Arctucas Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2080 FTW3

5. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    And good luck with Nickel plated waterblocks, PT Nuke is not the best solution for water cooling, if you are running or using Copper waterblock or brass that's OK but anything which is nickel plated it will or can damage nickel plated waterblocks or fittings

Few years back many people used only Kill coil with PT Nuke and most of the guys who I know used PT Nuke their nickel plated blocks started to corrode or been damaged beyond the repair

Mayhems Inhibitor+ and Biocide+ are best solution if you don't like coolants, I used both and no issues with both, I prefer Mayhems X1 or XT-1 for loops because its easy and doesn't cost too much and in UK getting Distilled water is just pain

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

DeskStar likes this.
  6. Arctucas

Arctucas Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2080 FTW3
    Been using it for about ten years now with Bitspower fittings, not had any problems.

Perhaps they were using the copper sulfate version, rather than the Benzalkonium Chloride version I linked to?

Or, maybe they had the notoriously bad EK nickel plated blocks?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
  7. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    I have 3 EK Nickel plated blocks and two Aquacomputer nickel plated blocks and they're like new one, no discolouration or with plating, been using like Mayhems X1 or Pastel and Inhibitor+ with Biocide+ and absolutely no issues, blocks are clean

Regarding the PT Nuke and Nickel, not sure which one they used but PT Nuke doesn't offer any anti corrosion protection, which blocks they used EK, Heatkiller and Aquacomputer and few others from Bitspower, Barrow or Bykski etc

Many companies like Heatkiller or Aquacomputer won't guarantee warranty if you are used Kill coil or PT Nuke, not sure if EK will guarantee warranty

But yes EK have in past issues with their Nickel plated waterblocks, I'm probably lucky with their blocks because my blocks are clean and never have issues with them

Friend loop currently is running 24/7 and still use same coolant Mayhems Pastel Red which I have put there 3 years ago and coolant didn't lose any colour, its still same,I have been using on my loop Mayhems X1 Clear and red one for past two years and no issues, my coolant is I think 2 year old and still is same color, no discolouration or breaking down like with others

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

DeskStar likes this.
  8. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I've always used distilled water and some basic additives to stop calcium build up, if I'm feeling fancy I'll throw food coloring in lol.

But is Bitspower not big in the US? I see them in Microcenter but that's about it.

9. Arctucas

Arctucas Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2080 FTW3
    Microcenter is where I bought mine, although they seem to have less these days than ten years ago.

10. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Had horrible experiences all around with using just the aforementioned ingredients. PT nuke and distilled water. All bitspower fittings here to and it simply destroyed my quick disconnects. One of the most expensive fittings to say the least, but if you were to look inside it and see it has what looks like a stainless like spring inside them and that was just corroded and rusted.

Switched back to your said "expensive" coolant and viola never again an issue and all fittings are perfect as the day they were installed.

I just belief you wouldn't want to put some cheap "alternative" to your already (most likely) expensive build. Any one put regular unleaded in their Ferrari?

11. FlyBy

FlyBy Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 1080ti wc
    Demineralised water and ~10% Automotive Coolant ( Glysantin ) :) Cheap and reliable, works in 100million+ cars, lasts many years and if you work clean it will stay fungus free and no clogging of fins in your blocks.
    Tested a lot and this is the best yet, and you can buy it all at any gas station dirt cheap.

12. Arctucas

Arctucas Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2080 FTW3
    Sorry to hear of your unfortunate experience.

My experience, on the other hand, has been non-problematic. I have had the same Bitspower Shining Silver barb fittings in my radiator and pump reservoir for about ten years, and have seen no corrosion. If the spring was rusted, it probably was not stainless.

Also, I would use a higher octane grade of gasoline in the Ferrari, but not waste money on rocket fuel.

DeskStar likes this.
  13. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I'm with Arctucas..... I used distilled water and PT Nuke for 6 years without issues.... other than poor fan and radiator choice anyway...lol No buildup in the loop, no rusted fittings....

If your "stainless steel" rusted.....it wasn't stainless steel to begin with.

I considered this, but everyone I asked said to use distilled water and PT Nuke....which I had no issues with over a 6 year period.

14. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Love it.