BioWareEA Employee gives Witcher 2 a user 0/10 on metacritic

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by kill007, May 17, 2011.

1. blesner

blesner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    I know many people who dont look at the metacritic press reviews but the user reviews to decide if they are going to make a purchase.

This is going to cost CDproject sales! Not sure how much but at least a few.
    BULL**** if you ask me.

2. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Yeah, but despite those bad reviews, there are overwhelmingly positive ones.

3. bballfreak6

bballfreak6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070S OC
    yea those bad scores are either eabioware employees or trolls trying to piss people off (and at the same time make bioware look bad because of what happened)

i am sure those "bad" reviews will have little to no effect on sales as most people i'd imagine (hope) are smart enough to realise those are blatant attempts to give the game a bad name especially with the overwhelming amount of positive user and (i am sure they will be) official reviews (for example bit tech just gave it a 95% rating)

4. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    Yeah, but all positive reviews are from CD Projekt RED... Lol.

I am kidding of course. :)

5. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    gtx 480 850/1700/2000 h2o
    If EA is rating it 0/10 then it must be must be really good :D

anyway i'm not a fan off EA and never will be.

6. brandonspikes

brandonspikes Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 560GTX TI Twin Frozr
    Everyone is getting trolled, just an FYI.

7. Cronik

Cronik Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    Most of those negative user reviews don't even make sense. Or even sound honest. 4 out of those 26 don't even like the genre... Its like I'm reading user reviews off of Newegg.

Last edited: May 18, 2011
  8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I can happily ignore 0/10 reviews. I did like DA2, it was one of the few games that I actually completed. The combat was great, the banter was great. Wasn't keen on the gay bits but hey, it was a solid game. It was never a 10/10 game though. And from what I've see of TW2, it's never a 0/10 game. So far it feels good, the combat in DA2 was better (this might change when I get deeper into TW2) and the performance was better. Either way, TW2 feels like a classic game and there's no way it's a complete pile of tonk. Hence it's easy to ignore such a negative review. There's a lot of wankers everywhere on the internet, I just facepalm and move on. No need to make a deal out of it...

9. Templ

Templ Guest

You know what I think? It's not the Bioware employees who are doing these ****. I believe there was one guy from BW in total who gave DA2 an overwhelmingly positive review, but did not rate any other game down. But that was a bad idea, because all he did was spawn many trolls who now go to metacritics and give Witcher 2 a bad and DA2 a good review in an effort to discredit Bioware.

This is how I think things are. I could be wrong, but I don't think so. I mean, BW would have to be pretty damn stupid to do something like this. There is a "reviewer" on MT who calls himself "Bioware" for goodness sake. So, personally I would just ignore this.

10. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    If you look at the Metacritic page now, you'll see the user name has changed to "Bioware" and the review of Dragon Age II has been deleted.

11. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    EDIT: So the original user is still there with the positive Dragon Age review, but the Witcher 2 review has been deleted and is now under another account named Bioware.

Not that any of this really matters. If the game is that good then there will be more positive reviews than bad when everything settles down. The same thing happened with Portal 2.

12. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    haha there were few proper troll 0/10 "i hate it how unique geralt looks" :DDD