BioWare Backs Down (Mass Effect not to do 10 day checks).

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Major Melchett, May 9, 2008.

1. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    Linky of new FAQ on main site's forums.

http://masseffect.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=629059&forum=125

Hurrah, the pre-orders back on, if already posted then my bad.

Last edited: May 9, 2008
  2. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    At least they decided to drop that online crap. I still wonder though if they are still going to re-strict the number of installs?

3. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    Hmm, thats a very good question, i never thought about that bit.

4. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    Its going to be like Bioshock from what i am seeing.

5. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    well thats a hell of a lot better,i reckon they will up the number of authentications also

I was following all the posts on the thread on the original site( and i vented my anger also there, 104 threads last i saw excluding the 31 of the first locked thread ), i was amazed the army guy and how he said hes got a ton of colleagues thats hes going to tell not to buy it.

Community +1

6. DrSiN

DrSiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    That's alot better and I like the way they have tried to "reward" legit customers by only having the game check during patches , making it harder for pirates to patch.

I'm sure it won't stop piracy but it's a sign that they're beginning to understand how they should tackle piracy.

7. racofer

racofer Master Guru

GPU:
    HD6950 2GB Twin Frozr III
    Whatever, I'm not getting something with secuCRAP on it, I've already dealt with enough issues caused by this ****ty copy protection and I will not bother again.

8. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    Is that good mass effect!?, havent check it out.

9. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    lol i bought mass effect for 360 when i was dead set on buying the console but then argos jacked up the 360 price i thought hell no i aint paying more that it cost last weeks so i guess ill have to wait for the PC version hmm anyone wanna buy 360 version of mass effect lol

10. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    what about those with no internet? they might be in the minority but such gamers do exist so what the alternative's going to be?
    personally i've got no problem with this sort of authentication if it means no additional starforce/securom/safedisc/tages drivers installed, crackers are going to like this too for it's going to provide them with a challenge and braggin' rights once the protection is fully cracked. whatever.

Last edited: May 10, 2008

11. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    Over Phone activation maybe?

12. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    unlikely for they would give you a serial number to activate the game and with no additional protection on the pc that would make it too easy for the crackers i guess.

Last edited: May 10, 2008
  13. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Use dial-up.

God help you if you don't have dial-up.

14. Zapmaster

Zapmaster Sherlock Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 4870
    Bioware didn't do ****, copy protection is domain of the publisher, so if anything, EA backed down. Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing was a publicity compaign, since EA backed down so fast, and were so open about how the their copy protection was supposed to work. They got tons of free publicity about Mass Effect since this got everyone talking about it, and EA ends up looking like they actually listen to gamers. If someone at EA did cook this whole thing up, they were very smart.

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  15. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    didnt mean to start another thread, but its different enough - http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=261773

forum link is there, anyone who disagrees with the current crap( ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY REMOVED IT FOR RUSSIA ) should post on the bioware forum, link in that thread

I reckon if enough people moan they'll backtrack, its especially needed for PC as we seriously dont want this to become the norm for our games

16. Ghz

Ghz Maha Guru

GPU:
    evga 6800ultra 256mb
    I have vowed never to buy a game from EA or Ubisoft again. they are nothing but a couple corprate whores.

so they can just go F*** themselves.