Biostar and Supermicro boards with 5% RMA rates, XFX/Sapphire/AMD the worst among GPU makers..

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by cucaulay malkin, Jan 30, 2023.

1. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
  2. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    95% actually sounds good (on a coin toss):p

3. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    When extrapolating, AMD would have 20 of every 1000 bad, EVGA would have 17 of every 1000, even the worst one XFX 25 of every 1000.

Even when considering the top 'best' manufacturers you have to consider units sold, units available, geographical region (small for this) and many other factors.

Your hyperbole, as in the title, infinite.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
  4. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    These percentages are all too low to really matter, why anyone would care about this is beyond me.

Now, the turn around time for RMAs, that is useful information, but that's all the useful information there is here.

5. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    quite good statistics for people who live in countries where customer protection laws don't exist and companies will always try to weasel out of RMA.

6. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    Quite the contrary, the time for rma is relative, sapphire has warehouses in Germany, that's why it takes just a couple of days to ship to Switzerland. I had r9 290 trix fail twice, and it both took a month even when they just shipped me a new card each time.
    On the other hand, the rma rates are in no way connected to location. They may be low per 1000 units (well, not in the case of biostar and supermicro) but they speak of quality when gainward has 6x less rmas per 1000 units than xfx and sapphire. If that's my money I'd rather have one with the lower rma rate. TBH I'm positevely surprised by gainward,pny and palit (they're all basically the same design), they sell near msrp, with quality cooling and lowest rma rates. really great job.