BioShock Infinite

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by S†v0r, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I agree with you about the last "boss" fight... it was awful and a big anti-climax to what is otherwise a classic game.

However, I found BioShock 2 to be a disappointment due to it just feeling too familiar in its setting and I did not enjoy the story anywhere near as much. Also, I hated those parts where you were expected to defend the Little Sisters from waves of Splicer attacks. They just got increasingly dull such that I stopped bothering after a few hours. The need to lay down traps and so on just slowed the pace of the game right down. And the ending was completely forgettable because, well, I only vaguely remember it but I seem to recall another protracted and tediously long battle before the underwhelming end, which if memory serves me correctly...

... takes you back to the surface in daylight? Or is that the first BioShock which I've yet to complete in the remastered version?

I welcomed BioShock Infinite's change of location and overall enjoyed that more but it became too much of a first-person shooter and after a stunning opening 2 hours became increasingly repetitive. I also felt that the character of Elizabeth was wasted, being little more than a means to tell some of the story and provide the odd health pack etc when needed.

2. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    980 G1
    Burial at Sea??

3. drewho

drewho Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080
    Very strange, for me switching off mouse smoothing in the ini made objects (desks, chairs) disappear.

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Never played the DLC episodes sadly as at that point I was well and truly bored of the game and had moved on to other games. Really must check those out as I've been really enjoying playing through BioShock again. Might even, gasp, find a new appreciation for BioShock 2 as well as I do plan on replaying that once I've finished the first game.

5. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Definitely give the DLC a look.
    Minerva's Den is beyond fantastic. And Burial at Sea adds a lot of depth of Elizabeth.

EDIT: So, started playing BioShock 2 Remastered.
    Honestly, it looks better then BioShock Remastered. The art looks cleaner, the whole image looks... just... better.
    It's hard to really describe.

Could be because the original release of BS2 always looked a bit dirty, or lower-res then BS.
    But, this version you can see the updated textures and it just sort of "pops" a bit more.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    I played Burial at Sea 1&2 a couple of weeks ago. Apparently you're supposed to play them after having completed BioShock 1&2. I'm not good at the story and such but it was pretty great DLCs and I was actually hoping that the remastered version would look like Burial at the Sea...but no.

7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970

Ive not yet installed B2R, but ive always felt the original B2 looked lower rez/worse than B1, at least with textures.

8. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    980 G1
    [​IMG]

Def recommend playing them asap. You basically walked out with a good half hour left in the movie. *facepalm*

No, no... it's intended for directly after finishing Bioshock Infinite. Burial At Sea (both parts) is basically the final chapter of the whole story.

9. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Two things:
    Burial at Sea is fantastic. Better than main game, both DLCs. Do not miss out playing them, especially part 2. They need to make a whole new game around this mode.

So much gold :) I daresay 60% of this forum wouldn't recognise one of the best movies of all time.

I may or may not be getting old. [/GET OFF MY LAWN]

10. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    "Keep firing a**holes!"

:D

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    That's...what I meant :) Thought it would be an understatement otherwise.
    Ofc you need to play BioShock 1, 2, Infinite in that order.

My problem is that I've never finished 1 or 2, just Infinite and then DLCs, so I did it in a reverse order :)

12. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Got that classic on blu-ray. :) Got a Mel Brooks boxset on blu-ray, some really great filmes in there.

Story wise, Burial at Sea happens before BioShock 1. But, if you play it that way, you're ruining big story beats in the first game.
    The games are meant to be played in the order of their release.

13. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Finally got around to downloading B2 and BSr...what a farce.

B2R looks hardly any better but comes with a 20fps hit at 1080p and gets worse as i go up....

B2 original crashed on me at the entrance of where you get out of the ocean area not longer after the certain someone cracks open a few windows causing the area to flood.

These games are a mess from start to finish.

Id recommend sticking with B2O as it looks fine as is, the remaster hardly looks better as is a minimum effort in nearly ever aspect. Save your HDD space.

Though i do wonder why i never played B2 to begin with. Oh well, 6 years on and i still cant.

14. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    One of my favorite movies of all time.

15. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti - RX 580
    Any news regarding when the updates are rolling out ?

16. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Updates: Coming Soon to a Remaster near you.

This was posted about 13 hours ago, but im pretty sure it old news:

17. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    http://steamcommunity.com/games/409710/announcements/detail/972040700519446538

http://steamcommunity.com/games/409720/announcements/detail/814414713567727077

18. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    glad things are fixed so i can finally start bs1.

the patch is 1GB!

19. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    980 G1
    Agreed, can't wait to get this all in before the 21st.

I'm coming Atlas! I'm coming after you!

20. Kono

Kono Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB