BioShock Infinite

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by S†v0r, Dec 17, 2011.

1. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti X Sli
    Sad was so looking forward to playing the remastrered version, which has ended up being a crash fest. I also had an issue where Bioshock 2 would not use the drs resolutions correctly and would open incorrectly, but Bioshock Remastered did not have this issue. having to manually edit ini file should not have to be done, as this can cause even more issues. also why are there no advanced graphics settings?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  2. Scarecrow7

Scarecrow7 Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 280X / 3GB
    Yeah, that is because they pretty much put most of the original assets through a **** ass upscaler. Talk about a lazy port.

3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    *sigh* :(

I think I'll uninstall it for the time being and finish Deus Ex instead.

4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    What?

The Remake of res1 they no longer had the original assets for and it was deemed to costly as it would have amounted to creating a whole new game to recreate from scratch, Rez0 they still had alot of the original high rez assets, created more where needed and then created new 3d models for the game. They ported those game to Windows, ps360, p4 and x1 from the gamecube.

For two titles created back in 2002 and only available on one platform untill now, Id hardly call that lazy.

Just play the original version and enjoy better audio, and sfx, mouse control, controller support, AO and proper shadows, 0 crashes and download the physics fix that only requires a 1 time use that simply modifies the exe and its done. Works on win10, 8.1 and 7.

Everything you could possibly need is here if you have any issues:http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/BioShock

5. Scarecrow7

Scarecrow7 Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 280X / 3GB
    Yeah, but you wrote "Remaster" first.
    I just assumed you were talking about the HD remasters (since it is pretty much nonsense to compare a remaster with a remake).

6. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Remaster, Remake... Im comparing two ips being brought back for a new gen and platforms and the effort put into one set vs the other.

7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    You really dont like this version right? :)
    Been ages since I launched the original version but I only think I had problems with the mouse and sound.

8. Kono

Kono Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    Forgot to mention my texture was set to Very High in Mankind Divided.

Does your friend run Mankind Divided on a 3440x1440 monitor? Honestly, even I was surprised 970 can handle at that resolution. All my READING off the internet was wrong. Somehow, the 970 got some special magic in there.

Now, did my original post say anything about 60fps?? I don't think so. Do I cry if the game run under 60fps? no. But I do complaint if it constantly stay below 30fps. As long as the game maintained above 30fps, every once awhile, dip under in minisecond, I'm fine with that. And I'm perfectly fine playing game at 30fps. I don't look at fps number in the upper corner when I "play" game. If it run smooth, look excellent w/o much compromise, I'm a happy camper. I don't benchmark my system. I'm just a gamer, I don't brag about my system, nor do I feel entitlement. I just play game cuz I like.

Also, to say Nixxes is lazy is just wrong. Look how fast they fixed stuff? They constantly release patches every week to ensure we have the best experience. Nixxes, in my book, is one of the best developer in PC gaming world. If you think they are lazy, you guys should definitely go play game on console, where every system setup is exactly the same. Sorry to break it to you, they are not that many hard working developer like Nixxes.

Now back to Bioshock, I'll wait for 21:9 support fix. Currently busy with Mad Max.

9. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Look, as Damien said, It does what it says on the box..not very well, but its still Bioshock.

My issue is with the poor quality of the overall package. Most of my disdain towards this release is probably more of a build up due to the many other previous "remasters" the pc has had thrown at it.

Its also the seemingly lack of logic behind it all.

Why go to all the effort to double the size of the audio (which somehow resulted in lower quality), make all these textures (most looking out of place and too clean), remove the gfx menu (sure pretty much any card can run it, but its more effort to remove and rebuild a menu than simply leaving it), remove the audio options and EAX, remove AO compatibility...why do all that, yet not address the issues that plagued the original versions.

They ported these to the pc without addressing the bugs that were addressed in the originals (besides the no audio bug some face).

@Kono
    BioShock: The Collection will receive better mouse support and improved FOV sliders

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    good stuff. ill hold off untill they released this patch

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    No, I agree with you.

Glad they will patch it but they could also bring shadows back and do other improvements to make sure it's better than the original in every way and not that some things are better and others are worse.

12. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti X Sli
    Give use the same options we had in the originals, having to edit ini files is madness

13. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Gaming X
    And the funny thing is it does not do a dam thing i tried to set everything from normal to high nothing happens in-game lol.

14. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    All messing with the ini file does is makes the game unstable.
    Played for ten hours with no crashes, changed one line in the Bioshock.ini file... played for 20 minutes and it crashed.

Replaced the ini file with the original, played for a couple hours just fine.

People claiming that changing those settings from normal to high makes the game look better, are just having a placebo effect. It does nothing to the actual visuals of the game.
    The only setting that changes anything is highdetailsoftparticles, changing that to True does make the game use the Soft Particles. But, again, tweaking the ini files makes the game unstable.
    Textures, characters... world detail wise... in game, they are already as high as they will go.

15. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Even changing to 5.1 SS via ini caused lighting glitches on pillars when turning the mouse at certain angles.

UE2.5 doesnt work like UE3+ where changing values for shadows etc makes them look better FME.

16. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Yeah.
    Specially the rebuilt version of UE2.5 Irrational used on BioShock. They changed so many things about the engine... it's not surprising trying to "tweak" things in the files causes issues.

17. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Gaming X
  18. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I just finished BioShock: Remastered.

Took me 12 hours.
    Is this remaster perfect? No. Could they have done better? Yeah, probably a lot better.
    But, it's still BioShock... the art is still fantastic. The atmosphere is still incredibly thick. And, when it's at it's best it's still a great game.
    In some ways, the Remaster is the better version... in others, the original is better. It comes down to personal preference and I can see why some prefer the original.

But, my feelings for the game haven't changed since the last time I played it.
    I love the game up to the Andrew Ryan part. BioShock 2 handles hacking and researching enemies SO much better.
    And, it balances the combat better... giving you weapons and plasmids together.

But the first game is still good, just a bit clunky in those areas.
    But, everything after that... just feels like what it is. Filler. The last few areas are not as interesting to explore, turning yourself into a Big Daddy is terrible. Following the Little Sister is tedious and annoying.
    And the final fight is pathetic.

A great game that falls apart in it's last third. Which is how I felt about when I first played it back in 2007. I don't know which version I prefer... the remaster or the original. But, I'm gonna wait and see how the planned updates improve it.

As for now... on to BioShock 2. :) My favorite.

19. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti

lol :nerd:

interesting video. Well, They've improved a couple asset mesh count, cleaned a couple textures, but killed a lot of the atmosphere, and some part look way worse...!

Missed opportunity, they could have pushed the envelope.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  20. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    980 G1
    Going to wait for the update as well. Mostly because I'm in no rush and have little time to play anyway. I'm interested in Bioshock 2, as I've never played it.