BioShock Infinite

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by S†v0r, Dec 17, 2011.

1. RecluSe

RecluSe Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
    This could be my game of the year, the 1st Bioshock is one of my favourite games of all time, 2nd game not as good but still enjoyable.

2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Just watched at 14 minutes long video of the game on IGN.
    It was about the "revolutionary AI of Elizabeth"...

The game itself looks wonderful. The art style and direction used is gorgeous.

But, the NPCs that filled the beach they were walking around.... kind of broke that vision some. They are trying to craft a living world, yet... every NPC on the beach stood/sat in a single place.
    Repeating a canned animation over and over and over again. They never wondered around, interacted with each other or did random actions. It's the same recycled animation.

It stood out when one NPC stood in place, pointed at something in the sky... lowered his arm for a few seconds... pointed at the sky... lowered his arm... pointed at the sky...

It's a small bit, but to me it didn't make the world feel or look alive. The world looks just as dead as Rapture from BioShock, only this time it's filled with things that are supposed to be people... but come across as lifeless cutouts standing in for people.

I'm not trying to be harsh on the game. But, for some reason that stood out to me.

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Ok, now I'm pissed off. So there's a Bioshock: Infinite DLC for sale already called Season Pass. costs £15.99 (less with 20% off code). WTF is this? they say you get new weapons, new stories, new characters etc with this DLC.

So those of us who only bought the game won't get a complete experience on release day? WTF??? This is beyond ridiculous, I think it's an insult. If they have this ready, it should be in the release version. then if they make some new content, go ahead, sell it, but to have content ready before the release and not to include it in the retail version is an insult imho.

I'm stunned.

4. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Where does it say this is Day 1 DLC, is this not just pre-ordering a year worth of DLC like every other game?

The clue is in the name surely?

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
  6. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Hardly fair i agree, but gaming is a business so guessing they are doing anything they can to tempt people to pre-order it.

The early bird thing doesn't offer me anything good though, even if it did i wouldn't be tempted as i think pre-ordering a years worth of DLC for a game you might not like is crazy.

7. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    As per my policy on games with season passes (on ones announced before release)- I cancelled my pre-order while I wait for the inevitable complete edition at a much lower price (most likely GOTY edition).

Shame really, I was kinda looking forward to getting this sooner rather than later - but I want it for SP only so I can wait (it's not like I'm short on games) and well, this day 1 stuff has sealed the deal for me.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I have pre-ordered. and I agree, what if I don't like the game enough to warrant paying £16 for a DLC? Imho, whatever content they have ready should be in release or a release day patch. It's bs what they're doing.

9. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Uh, then you don't buy the dlc season pass.

This is for stuff released months after launch, they'll likely detail it more in the next few weeks.

Anyway, I got it on gmg, and I can't seem to redeem my key on steam, anyone know why? Says it's an invalid product code, it's 16 digits long which seems to be longer than usual.

edit, nvm, it's not for bioshock infinite, it's something else, i'll get the key later I guess.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  10. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Well you do get some weapon upgrades at launch if you pre-order the season pass.

Dubious decision maybe, but that sounds more like the "paying to cheat DLC" thing that is getting popular these days.

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    ok, but what if I do get it and the game is a let down? then what? all the day 1 stuff should be in game, the game has just gone gold.

12. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Does anyone even know what the "Early Bird Special Pack" is?
    Seems a lot are getting all worked up over this, yet... nobody really knows what it is.

And in reality, it's most likely something that is completely useless and throw away and isn't going to impact the game in any major way.

The Season Pass stuff will most likely be like most season pass DLC. A couple throw away bits that are useless, and one pack that can (should) be bought separately and is the only good one.

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I hope it's useless stuff.

14. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    As i said earlier, nothing that interest me, either useless or stuff that makes the game easier so fitting with the new trend of getting extra money off people who like games to be easier.

15. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    At least Early Bird Special Pack will be available regardless when/if you purchase the Season Pass. As far as I understood, it's not limited to preordering the Season Pass.

I for one am still looking forward to this because the first two games were amazing. I agree though, that all this bonus **** is a bit TOO much.

16. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I'm not gonna pre-order, basically have too much to get through as it is and don't have the funds right now anyways.
    I'll pick up the most uber retail i can find from local shop in a few weeks though, i wonder if this'll have any apparent Gearbox artistic influences like C3 and TR, damn i'm currently re-downloading /reinstalling BL2 at the moment.
    i hope Bioshock is an improvement over Borderlands2 in Graphics fidelity i.e. higher res textures and more detailed characters but it has a massive job in beating BL2's art direction.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  17. Placebo_Tony

Placebo_Tony Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
  18. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    PC version uses Unreal Engine 3, like the consoles, but it has been updated to DirectX 11 so I think that has given it the advantage over the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions as normally UE3 games only differ from having higher resolutions/framerates and slightly better textures otherwise they're the same.

19. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Wasnt this the same with Borderlands 2 (season pass)?

20. Placebo_Tony

Placebo_Tony Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC

Yep, IMO the sharper textures will make a huge difference on this one...
    The art style is more of a let's say "pixar" animation movie then a realistic shooter and I love it.
    As long as it won't look muddy and the animations are good we are in for a treat
    as the story seems to be great.

The reviewer also mentions better animations and gameplay overall on the pc.