BioShock Infinite

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by S†v0r, Dec 17, 2011.

1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    over 2.5gb here at times. but you can easily play it on a gtx 570 all maxed so not really a need for more than 2gb gpus.

2. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    ^ All maxed out with a 570? I doubt it. With my 560Ti I have to lower the shadows to High and to use the normal post processing. :)

Or just click with the left button of your mouse. :D

3. drewho

drewho Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090
    cant max it out on my 580 here, not unless i want to play at 30fps

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Why not, I can but i hoover around 50-80fps.. 50fps happens when streaming occurs and gpu usage drops.

But i lowered shadows to high (v.high or ultra has this ugly filtering line between soft and sharp) and AO to high (ultra takes away 10fps for no visual difference) and post process to normal (alternate causes those pasues if you turn around), this way im at +75fps all the time, again only when streaming occurs and fps drops to ~ 50fps for 1sec..

5. Templ

Templ Guest

Yup. Runs beautifully at constant 60FPS if you set shadows to high (very high and ultra are a bit buggy anyways) and use normal post processing. So, no complaints here.

6. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Which means you can't max it out. :D

7. Dorak

Dorak Guest

GPU:
    XXX
    I finally fully understood the end of this game, thanks to quantum physics and a french guy.

I would like to translate, but my english isn't good enough for this.

8. DrD0ctor

DrD0ctor Master Guru

GPU:
    graphics unit
    The ending of this game makes me remember BioWare's response to all the controversy the Mass Effect 3 ending caused, that they wanted people to talk about it and try to understand it. Really shows how differently the community responds when something is done right and has real substance. I really hope developers and publishers are taking some serious notes.

9. drewho

drewho Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090
    alternate post process actually runs better here, stops lots of the stutter

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    ^
    Idk not here and i saw 680GTX sli users saying the same, anyway doesnt matter the game is a mess on nvidia, nothing new really lots of U3E games are ****ty.

Yes i can and get ~ 60ish fps on avg or more if I oc to 900mhz, with the same 50fps fps drops by streaming parts..

But like i said, i opt for lower AO (v.high or one step below ultra) because i want more then avg 60ish fps with no visual difference and lowered shadows becuase i cant stand that ugly filtering, and post process becuase it cuases pauses - happens on 680GTX too.. So that doesnt mean i cant run it maxed, but becuase they're bugged. :p

Last edited: Mar 30, 2013

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    alternate pp looks awful to me. gtx 570 is a fair bit faster than the gtx 560ti.

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    that's weird.

13. drewho

drewho Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090
    Its all down to taste, but alternate pp removes lots of the cruddy bloom, plus you get some really nice depth effects indoors

14. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    played over half of the game with some big stutters then tried that fix posted earlier and seems to be better.

i monitored memory usage for awhile and doesnt seem to be going much over 800mb according to ab. odd? perhaps it's because i changed the pool size, shame i didnt take a note before i applied the fix..

that said am now dying repeatedly in one part of the quest due to lack of ammo. actually some bits you need to do right first time on hard setting. think i will have to restart checkpoint.

i dont think it's a 10/10 but for me it's as good as tomb raider and i'd give em both an 8.5/9 out of 10. (tomb raider actually ran better than this).

it does have more humour/cleverness perhaps than tomb raider i.e the quirkyness and the retro feel is brilliant.

15. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Wut? I can max it out at 1080p minus the "alternate" post processing, I leave that at normal. In fact it uses around 50-60%, I could probably turn it up to 1440p (downsampling) and still get 60fps.

So if you're using the alternate post processing just turn that off, it's a massive hit to the GPU. Either way it sounds like something is wrong, even with that alternate post processing on I often get 60fps.

16. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Personally I prefer the contact hardening shadows which are activated only on very high afaik, they are less pixellated and more realistic IMO. I think it's a matter of personal taste. :) I agree about the AO, by the way. Let's wait for a patch and maybe things will get better.
    I have the 448 SP version, so the gap is minimal. I think that maybe my CPU is the culprit... :D
    Exactly, the DX 11 DOF is way more accurate and realistic (looks like that one used in 3D animation movies), but losing 20 fps is too much for my poor video card...

17. dark_surge

dark_surge Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080
  18. painter

painter Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Anyone else have huge frame rate drops when looking at doors? - certain doors anyway - which seem to cut my frame rate in half... I pretty much maintain my 60fps lock apart from around these flippin doorways :3eyes:

19. Scerate

Scerate Guest

GPU:
    2080@2.1/1070N@2.0
    Just finished it after 14.5h of gameplay excellent game, but for me it didn't really feel like a Bioshock game nevertheless i really really enjoyed the game and liked that i actually played it 14.5h after i finished Crysis 3 after 5h lol.

Performance wise i played it on ultra with downsampling to 2160p + sweetfx and besides the stuttering everything was very fluid and felt great but didn't measured the fps cause i didn't felt i need too.

Weird fact is that actually Bioshock 1 at least had more Physic ingame as Infinite had

Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
  20. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Me too, I think it's because of dynamic shadows and ambient occlusion.... Try lowering them.