BioShock Infinite

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by S†v0r, Dec 17, 2011.

1. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yeah I thought the same about Far Cry 3 and was wondering why can't I get the feel for this game when it has virtually universal praise.

Oh bummer.. so hard only increases their numbers? I guess you played it on normal then? Is there any way to avoid the combat?

2. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    I wasn't scared. Just slightly shocked and uneasy at the whole gruesome style nature of what happened before me. Much like how I felt during many sections of Spec Ops: The Line there's sections that just make you stop and think or as I did go off and do something else a while and think.

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    idk, it looks like a placebo to me, if you change poolsize directly it already has an effect, especially with that streaming ratio., although texture swapping is still there..

Idk if they're ever gonna fix this, unless they come up with a more efficient streaming technique, but i kinda doubt it, look at Batman series. :(

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I just got to shanty town police station, how far into the game you guys reckon I am? thanks.

5. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    About half.

6. drewho

drewho Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090
    Yeah your probably right

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    thanks mate.

8. smashly

smashly Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 560ti / GTX 670
    I'm trying the 1999 Mode, game seems the same, but health drops by bullets that barely nick you.
    So I'm finding I can't go in balls blazing when you get a scene with multi enemies cross firing.
    Really need to think quick and utilize the right weapon and vigor when you get to those battles.
    I actually had to map my vigors this time round.
    Also I'm really having to make use of Elizabeth and here time rip stuff like cover, hooks, weapons and health.
    I get a bit flustered when being swarmed, but a few deaths soon enough get me tune to what's going on in a battle.
    1st play through I played on medium and it was a pleasant walk in the park with no stress at all.
    Once I've finished the game in 1999 Mode, then I probably won't play the game again.
    I found my 1st play through just felt so satisfying I was almost hesitant to play it a 2nd time.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  9. Fluxeor

Fluxeor Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-270X Toxic
    This actually happens with pretty much every "weaker" non-mechanical npc that you use that vigor on. I took to using it pretty regularly just to save me ammo :p

10. berkos

berkos Guest

GPU:
    r9 270x, 980
    after playing this...to all neigh sayers seriously play this till the end...
    how the fu*** are they gonna top this in a next game, little to no plotholes, storytelling better than bioshock, actually everything made sense ending wise, just wow. No wonder about hype and scores.

the only thing i don't get, if letuces orchestrated all this because sense of guilt why the dead guy in lighthouse with his brains blown on the wall...

11. AmD6000

AmD6000 Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 960
    Ahh, a relaxing day
    [​IMG]

12. AmD6000

AmD6000 Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 960
    anyone know how to disable Toggle Iron Sights?

13. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    BioShock Infinite shows the highest VRAM usage I've seen with just mere in-game FXAA. (no MSAA, no OGSSAA).
    Usually hovers around 2.3 ~ 2.7GB and peaks at 3207MB
    [​IMG]

If there's a way to use/force MSAA (and/or SGSSAA) VRAM usage will easily go near 4GB.

Given the visual quality of this game, I don't understand the high amount of VRAM usage in this game. Don't get me wrong. Although I don't quite see technically graphics intensive visual quality/achievement, I think the game is beautiful with their superb artistic direction and effort. However, looking at texture quality/resolution and size/design of levels... I don't get this high VRAM usage. Perhaps, memory leak ?

14. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    [​IMG]

1080 no AA, still around beginnings of game.

have just unlocked first chest

the game world has massive horizontal as well as vertical view distances.

15. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Any way to fix the horrible mouse lag? I'm playing in 1999 mode, and I need to aim with the maximum precision, otherwise i die in three seconds...

16. putty

putty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090
    My god this game is great. I liked Bioshock 1, did not like Bioshock 2 that much, but I love this one. They fixed everything that I had issues with in Bioshock 1 like:

- Its dark all the time - fixed
    - Find the correct way - fixed
    - No resting points(bioshock 1 was almost every room a new combat zone) - fixed.

9.3 for me.

17. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    nvidia control panel > max pre-rendered frames '1'.
    and in UserOptions.ini > EnableMouseAcceleration=False

18. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    The game isn't one large streamed world either, it is separated by loading screens for each major area and those are not always that large either. There is a lot of visual trickery going on to give the impression of a huge draw distance IMO. Distant buildings are not going to be using highly detailed textures for example.

Like others, I'm still puzzled myself as to why this game uses 2 GB of VRAM but I've noticed that the longer I play an area the more VRAM that is used and as it hits 2 GB that is when it starts to stutter. Enter a new area and the VRAM can drop as low as 1.2 GB, which means smooth gameplay again, before slowly climbing back up to 2 GB and the stuttering appearing again.

Maybe the developers tweaked the Unreal Engine 3 to retain textures in memory longer to avoid the texture streaming issues normally associated with this engine. It is obviously faster to read textures from VRAM than load them from the hard drive or even an SSD.

19. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Thanks mate, gonna try asap. :)

20. Vector

Vector Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 770 FTW 4gb w/bkplate
    About how many hours of game play does this BI have?